| Information on this page is Obsolete; it is preserved for historical interest
Our cash register is a Sharp XE-A203 (quickstart guide, full manual).
 How to Use the Cash Register
Before beginning, make sure that the key is set to the Reg position. If you want a receipt, turn the key to the OP X/2 position and hit the RCPT/PO key.
- Hit the ESC key in the lower left-hand corner.
- If you're a HacDC member, hit the 1 key in the Amount/Clerk Keys. Otherwise—i.e., if you're a guest—hit the 2 key in the Amount/Clerk Keys.
- Hit the CL key in the Amount/Clerk Keys.
- Enter the amount of your purchase on the Amount/Clerk Keys. DO NOT USE THE DECIMAL KEY. For example, to enter 50 cents, press the 5 key then the 0 key on the Amount/Clerk Keys.
- Under Department Keys, hit the appropriate department key, according to the table below. If you have multiple items to ring up, repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Press the CA/AT/NS key in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Put in your money and close the drawer!
Cash register department codes
| Department code
|| Member Dues
|| Bulk Parts
|| Salvage Buy
|| Stickers and patches