HacDC is located at 1525 Newton St NW, Washington, DC 20010-3103. We are a tenant of Saint Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church. Accessibility notes.
Enter the church building through the red doors on the west-facing (toward 16th Street) side. The ICBM coordinates of these doors is about 38.933545° latitude, -77.035908° longitude.
If the red church doors are locked, ring our phone at 202-556-HACK (202-556-4225) and someone in the space can come open the door for you.
To our space: Go all the way up the stairs and press one of the HacDC buttons on the call box to be buzzed in through the doors on your left. Turn left; HacDC will be through the door on your right. Come on in! HacDC has a fridge stocked with sodas for sale for 50 cents each, along with a microwave, coffeemaker, restrooms, a sink, and of course wi-fi.
To the auditorium: Turn left (ascending a short stairway) and proceed through the guard's office.
To the sanctuary: Turn right (descending a short stairway).
Metrorail: Green/Yellow line - Columbia Heights stop - 14th & Irving
- take S1 (16th Street–Potomac Park Line) or S2,4 (16th Street Line) to 16th & Irving Sts. NW
- or take H8 (Park Road–Brookland Line), H1 (Brookland–Potomac Park Line), or H2,3,4 (Crosstown Line) to 14th & Irving Sts. NW
- or take 42 (Mount Pleasant Line) to Lamont & Mount Pleasant Sts. NW
- the nearest Capital Bikeshare stations are at Lamont & Mt. Pleasant NW (a 6-minute walk to the space from the southwest) and Park Rd & Holmead Pl NW (a 9-minute walk to the space from the southeast)
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- parking in the lot on the property is restricted to permit holders only
- on-street parking in the neighborhood is usually available and free on evenings and weekends
- a nearby parking garage is more expensive but also more reliably available