Welcome to the HacDC Wiki
Welcome to HacDC. We are a hacker space located in Washington, DC. HacDC members improve the world by creatively rethinking technology. We break, build, and occasionally abuse technology in the pursuit of greater knowledge about how it works and repurposing it to build new things. Our shop is located in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of the District of Columbia.If you're new here, you should start by looking at our public web site at hacdc.org. Our Wiki is mostly for internal organization, but you're welcome to look through to get a sense of what we work on (and consider joining yourself!). We invite you to subscribe to our Blabber public discussion mailing list.
Cool Stuff Going On Right Now
- Cambridge Stereoscan 200 Scanning Electron Microscope We're restoring an electron microscope. 
- 3D Printing - Lulzbot Mini, 3d systems cube, rostock max v2, and a prusa up and running in the space
- Microcontroller Mondays -- BYO project to work on, get help on, or show off...or just come to check us out! ...usually from 7:30pm on.
- Amateur radio Ham Radio -- make stuff, get your license, QSO, test, tinker, learn,...
- 3D Thursdays -- 3-D printing enthusiasts are on hand and we have many working and workable printers of various types ...usually from 6:00pm on.)
- Web Scraping Fridays (every second friday) -- Use Wget/CURL + bash/SH + sed to turn websites into piles of files/XML/SED.
Themes and threads that span across the other categories in the Wiki. This is also where we keep things that don't easily fit in other categories:
- Batch_III Outgoing items
- Proposed Standing Rules
- Meeting Minutes and Agendas (next: Regular_Member_Meeting_2015_11_10)
- Hacker Travel
Where our projects collaborate and document their research and progress. They are generally classified as:
Entries relating to the space including layout and events and classes we hold
This calendar pulls events from our official Meetup calendar. Also, see webcal://www.meetup.com/hac-dc/events/ical/ for an ics feed to use with your favorite calendaring software.
Past Cool Stuff That Will Happen Again
- HacDC Summer School This aspires to be a yearly beginner-level workshop series giving attendees an introduction to physical computing. Topics for 2013 included integrated circuits kit-soldering, Arduino programming, and working with Processing.org (full description). A more integrated curriculum is being planned to roll-in Intro to Electronics, Intro to Programming, AVR programming, IoT workshops, and more...
- "Schemers" a Biweekly SICP study group meeting on alternate Tuesdays
- The Elements of Computing Systems: Building a Modern Computer from First Principles
- Intro to Visuals for Programmers
- Electron Tube Class
- Max/MSP Workshop
- Quantified Self
- Intro to Programming
- AVR Microcontroller Class 2011
- Great Global Hackerspace Challenge
- Linux Class
- Bike Maintenance Class
- HacDC Spaceblimp 5
- Robotics Class 2011
Pages on people in our community :
Our Policy Manual is divided into the following subcategories:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Meeting Rules
- Resource Use Policy
- Resource Disposal Policy
- Communications Policy
- Licensing Policy