Classroom Laser Cutter
From HacDC Wiki
World peace. Also:
- A laser cutting device.
- A 3D Printer.
- A pick and place and solder paste and laser soldering machine.
- PCB fab through resist application, laser resist removal, and etchant application.
- Air flow controls
- forcing air down (cooling a 3d print)
- pulling air across and out (laser cutting)
In order of priority.
- Laser(s?). For cutting.
- A single plastic extruder, for 3d printing.
- A part lifting nozzle, for pick and place functionality. -- http://www.robotdigg.com/product/517/Nozzle+w/+Adapter+to+5mm+Hollow+Shaft+Stepper
- Epson ink jet head, for Liquid Deposition (PCB resist)
- Unknown, for etchant deposition.
- 40w computer controlled power supply.
Three separate rackmount components:
- laser delivery platform
- Motion control platform
- Part delivery platform
- Rackmountable footprint. ~17 inches wide, ~24 inches deep. http://www.server-racks.com/eia-310.html