In short, our mission is to improve the world by creatively rethinking technology.
Said corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code. The mission of the corporation is to improve the world by creatively rethinking technology.
Subject to and within the limits of such purposes, the corporation shall:
- Build and maintain spaces suitable for technical and social collaboration.
- Collaborate on all forms of technology, culture and craft in new and interesting ways.
- Apply the results of its work to specific cultural, charitable and scientific causes.
- Freely share its research and discoveries, using what is learned to teach others.
- Recruit and develop talented members dedicated to these purposes.
The Corporation shall have in furtherance of the aforesaid purposes all of the powers conferred upon corporations organized pursuant to the provisions of the District of Columbia Non-Profit Corporation Act.