Regular Member Meeting 2018 03 13

From HacDC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Time and Location

Date March 13, 2018
Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
Members present: Julia, Tom, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, Nic, Ben, Tayeb
Members remote: Hunterkll
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met? Yes

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Recognition

New Members

Old Business

New Business

- Nancy = Membeship renewal

- Discussing USASEF participation:

  Requested two tables from Gary Maulin for lockpicking/3D printer setup/other members projects
  We need a schedule for participation from HacDC members:
  
  Friday: Kevin, Tom (morning on Friday to help bring things), maybe Ben, Enrique (probably not)
  Saturday: Tayeb, Ben, Kevin, Julia, Enrique
  Sunday: Julia, Kevin, Ben (if low staff), Nic, Enrique, Bobby (teardown)

- Need to find a new date for the 10th anniversary party. We'll discuss it more over the blabber

Project Awesome Reports

Project SUPPLIES - Mirage

Project EXPANSION - Mirage

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia

Stalled for last month, we have new seals except for the one we know is damaged. We need to find the information about the damaged seal and then replace it

Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia

Project CRISPR -Enrique

No update; too busy with Spaceblimp lately.

Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique

Enrique: Launch date (for test-launch) looks like 2018/03/24

Nancy: We will be working with Houston Elementary School, they are excited to participate. We are in conversation about how we are going to manage the students. Most likely it will be us going to them. My idea is that the students visit all of the different organizations that are involved in the Space Blimp project. We also have a group of Girl Scouts that will be getting involved. We are working on those last details.

Project Media Outreach - Matt

Project IT Infrastructure - Tom

No IT needs this month.

Member Reports

- Bobby: Make sure that we are documenting the projects as they go to make sure that if the lead person is unable to work, the project can continue

- Enrique: Has a couple of HDMI VGA adapters that he meant to bring in

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

I've been making a bunch of new computers for the space. New lasercutter driver, new Classroom TV, new basement TV.

Also got access to the phone system recently. I've setup a voip phone in the basement, which can be rung from the main menu.

I've created a roadmap for work to be done on the lasercutter.

I got somebody to come pick up some of our trash, with the potential to come pick up more trash in the future.

I'm trying to create a wiki for reverse engineering in general. I think I've purchased a domain, ikiw.io, and will provision a server for it eventually.

Treasurer's Report

I have not fully transferred all account credentials since this past weekend.

I am currently looking over the Google Drive spreadsheets to get a better assessment of our financial situation. I will also be talking to the past treasurer Enrique as soon as possible to make sure that I can change the two-factor authentication system to work with my setup.

We have not collected dues from several members for the past three months, we will send an email to the members affected and charge $90 instead of $60 to close the gap from the months lost (for 6 months, then back to $60).

We will be sending out an email in the future to tell old subscribers to update their subscription to the new PayPal system that does auto-renewals (as opposed to requiring me to manually request every month).

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Kevin

  • Set up a meeting with Open Technology Institute, with Ken, Julia, myself and Karen in attendance. More follow-up needed but positive response from OTI and offers to help.
  • Met with a PSA-702 in SE to establish relationships with potentially interested parties. Most notably, the Ward 8 liaison from the Mayor's Office of Community Relations and Services, who spoke about a technical training center for job training.
  • Upgraded the whee white whireless wrouter to replace the big one currently being used with the Polycom UFO / VoIP setup.
  • Continue to run dist-upgrades on lots of machines in the space.
  • Helping out with a tentative migration to Linode...

Ken

Other Notes

Nancy membership renewal: Nancy is forced by the law to disclose this. She will be sensitive to the notes that we are taking.

She is reading a letter that we will attach.

Nancy has formally submitted a complaint to the Human Rights Organization about three prior members of the BOD.

Adjournment

Adjourned by at xxx by xxx