3DP Build Run 2013.07
From HacDC Wiki
This is the documentation vertex for a 3D printer build run started in July 2013.
Vital links and major log entries can be made here (by anyone, as always). Detailed logs should be made either in a user's own log (which should be linked from here). It'd be a good idea to consolidate what was learned and place it on this page in the end.
- What model(s) to build?
- Find mentors. People that can help when we get stuck or review what we've done and suggest corrections.
- Create BOM, aka parts list
- Catalog what parts we already have at HacDC.
- Find supplier(s) or kits for all other parts.
- Set some form of gathering schedule or build timeline. (a little structure is good)
- Rostock / Max
- Kossel seems to be an improvement
- Kossel Mini
- current Kossel
- OpenBeam Kossel Pro
- in Kickstart phase
- current Mendel design
- David McInnis aka User:gatohaus
- -- general geek, minor user-level 3DP skill
- -- want my very own 3DP at home
- -- goal: reliable printing
2013.07.07 - Started page for 3DP build run.