Annual Meeting 2012
Note: This page serves as the 2011 Annual Meeting's agenda (before the meeting) and minutes (after the meeting).
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Time and Location
- 3 Officer Reports
- 4 Member Reports
- 5 New Business
- 6 Adjournment
From the HacDC Bylaws, Article III, Section 2:
- At the annual meeting, the voting members shall elect the Board of Directors, review and vote on the standing rules and policies of the corporation, receive reports on the activities of the corporation, approve the budget and determine the direction of corporation in the coming year.
This meeting will also serve as the monthly meeting for the month of February.
Time and Location
Location: HacDC (software room)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Meeting called to order at _7:50_ by: _Brad_
Members Present: Brad, Tim S., Tim C., Alberto, Martin, Phil, Chris, Reuven, Max, Todd Fine, Elizabeth, Scott, Lee, Jaime, Sean, Timmothy, Bill, Eric, Alex, Nick
Others Present: Justin
Quorum met? _Yes_
Vice President's Report
Has some ideas for events and stuff to be mentioned later.
XLaser mentioned the would send us another package of laser stuff, but never did. (Sharks with freaking laser beams.)
Currently have 59 voting members so quorum is still 14 for now.
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for Jan 2012: File:HacDC Financials Jan 2012.pdf
We added members Scott Robbins and Stephen Nichols in January. Vince was voted in but has not paid yet as far as I know - please contact me if this is incorrect! And we added three other membership subscriptions (Chalk, Hughes, and Myers) but have not voted on them as members yet as well - maybe this month? Two non-paying members, one hasn't responded and may be dropping.
We finished January almost $500 ahead and membership revenue is now >= expenses! If this keeps up, HacDC will have some resources to put into projects again going forward.
Nothing special to report. Haven't been around for a couple months.
At-Large Directors' Reports
Nothing to report.
Smithsonian Institute has contacted Brad about 3D vision stuff. It would be cool to have a hackathon here to help out. Talk on Blabber if you're interested. Would like to have an event where we take pictures of objects at the Smithsonian, turn them into 3d models, and print them out with the printers at the space.
- occupancy sensor getting it's own machine (sheevaplug)
- project server on the fritz (might need replacement,more fiddling required to know)
- Byzantium gunning for CFP acceptance at HOPE and several other cons
- found HacDC patches with HOPE vulture. i have them in my bag so they make it to HOPE for those interested in them.
- working on occsensor controlled outlet to prevent things that shouldn't be on when no one is at the space from being on while no one is at the space.
- noise reduction: status? items/actions/help required? (item added by haxwithaxe)
Board of Directors Elections
- Ben (the pirate) nominated by Jamie, seconded by haxwithaxe
Tim Slagle is running for re-election as Treasurer.
- haxwithaxe is running (needs non-self nomination?)