Annual Meeting 2013
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Time and Location
- 3 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 4 Recognition
- 5 Director Reports
- 6 Project Awesome Reports
- 7 Member Reports
- 8 Old Business
- 9 New Business
- 10 Board of Directors Elections
- 11 New Members
- 12 Adjournment
From the HacDC Bylaws, Article III, Section 2:
- At the annual meeting, the voting members shall elect the Board of Directors, review and vote on the standing rules and policies of the corporation, receive reports on the activities of the corporation, approve the budget and determine the direction of corporation in the coming year.
This meeting will also serve as the monthly meeting for the month of March.
Time and Location
March 12, 2013
Meeting called to order at x:xx p.m. by
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
Nothing to report.
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for February 2013: File:HacDC Financials 2013 02.pdf. We gained one new member (Philip Westlow). The other two members voted in last meeting have not paid their dues yet. We lost Stephen Beuttel and dropped Reuven Cohen after 4 months without dues payment. We had 55 paying members and 2 non-paying members. Our dues revenue continues to meet our expenses again, and thanks to those that donate extra we had a regular (non-earmarked) monthly net of $563.
Quorum is 14.
We had a surplus so I am able to declare a $450 Project Awesome dividend and add $113 to our reserves. Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for February: File:HacDC PA Projects-2013 02.pdf. Thanks to everyone that voted for projects in February, there are now nine votes total.
There have been no reports for Project 3DP (3D Printing, contact Andy Ta) for the last two months so the project is suspended and will get no additional funding. If there is no report for next month it will be cancelled and any funds returned to the general. Andy, if you are out there, file a report or have someone else do it! And if you don't think you'll want to continue as coordinator, please turn it over to someone else.
Project Awesome Reports
Earmarked balance large enough to pay for some tools and supplies, need to check out existing bin to see what we already have available.
GrindDC (HacDC Biohacking Group)
GrindDC hasn't been active for an entire year yet... but we've made impressive progress. A functional Biosignal Amp (http://mirage335.dyndns.org/wiki/Mirage335BiosignalAmp), several versions of tDCS (https://github.com/nocko/tdcs), Implant Design (https://github.com/nocko/heledd/tree/master/hardware), a temperature controlled bath for biomaterials testing. Our Grinder nights at the space regularly attract 8-12 attendees.
We're also in the process of organizing a SMT soldering class in for HacDC. Prototype teaching boards and partlists we're made (https://github.com/nocko/smt-practice) and a beta-quality seminar was held two months ago to test out our teaching chops.
Challenges moving forward:
- Expanding into DIYBio: Safety (MSDS/right-to-know documentation), autoclave and lab glassware purchases, reagent purchase and storage.
- Heavy interest in Qualified Self projects specifically with respect to Smartphone integration (writing apps and developing sensors).
- Electro-physiology and DIY EEG/EMG: Designing analysis software and novel applications for the Biosignal Amp Mirage designed.
--Shawn Nock (OpenPGP: 0x65118FA5) 09:14, 11 March 2013 (PDT)
Approve new Standing Rules
Because the Standing Rules are not fully completed and we haven't had much time to discuss them among the members before voting, we can just vote on the first Article today - Voting. That will give us the ability to continue edits and discussions, and vote on the other parts of the Standing Rules at future monthly member meetings.
Anti-Harassment Policy and Diversity Statement
Board of Directors Elections
At-Large Directors (two)
Adjourned at x:xx pm