Annual Meeting 2016
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 22:08, 16 January 2016 by 126.96.36.199 (→Membership Dues Waiver for EdTechDMV / Representative: asf)
From the HacDC Bylaws, Article III, Section 2:
- At the annual meeting, the voting members shall elect the Board of Directors, review and vote on the standing rules and policies of the corporation, receive reports on the activities of the corporation, approve the budget and determine the direction of corporation in the coming year.
Time and Location
January 23, 2016
Meeting called to order at __ by __.
Members Present: Others Present: Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- HacDC Members and Volunteers: This year we had a whole new board. We applied, appealed and were accepted as a Combined Federal Campaign charity, renewed our non-profit status with DC, fixed some years-old problems with our finances paperwork even after we lost our treasurer mid-year and had a horrible transition. We gained three sponsors this year: Lulzbot, Accelebrate and Newark element 14. We put up a microwave tower on the roof and the radio transceiver online. Plus we significantly cleaned up the basement, moved much of the workshop down there, updated our inventory, moved the classroom to another suite and built custom shelving for it. On top of all those accomplishments, between 3D Thursdays, Amateur Radio and Microcontroller Mondays, HacDC has held about 100 free, public workshops in 2015. This doesn't include all the Radio Contests, Field Days and Licensing Exam Sessions, Capture The Flag, Web Scraping, SEM Workdays, the Intro Security Workshop, the Raspberry Jam, CNC Mill Class, Lockpicking, Virtual Reality Night, Table Top Gaming, our table at the Columbia Heights Farmers Market many Saturdays, and participation at the Greenbelt Maker Faire, the Silver Spring Maker Faire and nearly two full days at the National Maker Faire. So for all the hardships and frustrations we've had this year, thank you to everyone who makes HacDC awesome.
Vice President's Report
(Will update before meeting)
- We have 34 members in good standing. Quorum is 9, majority 18 and two-thirds is 23.
Project Awesome Reports
- Enrique. Hosted two Introduction to Linux nights. Looks like I haven't learned my lesson about MeetUp turnouts because with 37 people signed up, a total of maybe 7 showed up but at least there's a couple of new Linux users in the world now. I've asked Brian about improving signage to direct people to HacDC from the St. Stephen's main entrance because I found one attendee pacing back and forth there looking for the address. (also Kerbal Space Program)
- Proposed Amendment to Bylaws Article II, Section 6: Add "For substantial cause, the Board of Directors may indefinitely suspend a member's access to the space by a 2/3 majority vote of the board. By voting at an official meeting with quorum, members may reinstate or suspend, access or membership, for any member whose access has been suspended by the board. The board may suspend the access of no more than two members per month via this procedure. Access to the space may not be re-suspended by the Board of Directors for the same actions or incidents. Explanation of such suspensions must be submitted electronically to all members."
Restrict Workshop and Tool Access
- Approve a non-binding resolution that access to the workshop in the basement should be restricted to HacDC members who have undergone a safety briefing and use of certain tools (CNC Mill, Lathe, PCB Etch Supplies, OTR) restricted to members authorized by an approved custodian of each tool (to be determined).
- Approve reimbursement of $95.14 to Enrique for purchase of an 8' step ladder for basement use. (replaced 8' wooden ladder)
- Approve $2,000 for fully recomissioning the OpticalTableRobot. ===
- Approve $500 for an off-the-shelf throw-away eBay laser cutter ===
Membership Dues Waiver for EdTechDMV / Representative
- Old problem, new example: An outside organization wants to use HacDC facilities during business hours. The organization is EdTechDMV, an educational non-profit organization, wants to offer free computer training classes during 9-5 hours later this year, in HacDC's classroom. As the courses are free there is no money involved yet. However, we need to decide if this is something HacDC wants do to, we need to verify we have the right insurance policy for this kind of event and whether we want to make Matt and/or Will members of HacDC or approve some other arrangement to grant them access to the classroom.
Board of Directors Elections
Results of the elections are as follows:
At-Large Directors (two)
Adjourned at _____ by ___.