Difference between revisions of "Annual Meeting 2018"
(→Member Reports: Enrique)
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
== Member Reports ==
== Member Reports ==
== Old Business ==
== Old Business ==
Revision as of 13:34, 10 March 2018
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Time and Location
- 3 Participants
- 4 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 5 Recognition
- 6 Director Reports
- 7 Project Awesome Reports
- 8 Audit Committee Report
- 9 Member Reports
- 10 Old Business
- 11 New Business
- 12 Board of Directors Elections
- 13 New Members
- 14 Adjournment
From the HacDC Bylaws, Article III, Section 2:
- At the annual meeting, the voting members shall elect the Board of Directors, review and vote on the standing rules and policies of the corporation, receive reports on the activities of the corporation, approve the budget and determine the direction of corporation in the coming year.
Time and Location
Date: 2018.13.10 (March 10, 2018) Location: HacDC
Meeting called to order at
- Members Present:
- Matt Zand
- Enrique (virtually)
- Others Present:
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
For the most part, my year has consisted of trying to network HacDC with other groups and represent HacDC at events. To that end, I:
- offered 3D printing services, along with Julia, at the two-day Smithsonian Institute's Earth Optimism Summit "Make for the Planet" hack-a-thon
- represented HacDC for the Community Makerspace Day event at Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy PCS
- supported Ken's Neighborhood Opportunity Centers (NOCs) proposals by:
- participating in two meetings with DC government officials and Nation of Makers executive director
- arranged a meeting between HacDC and the New America Foundation's Open Source Institute
- established a wiki page for collecting, coalating and coordinating potential NOC resources
In lesser news, I've been:
- recreating a passport stamp
- working on a brief OpenSCAD rotate_extrude tutorial video
- futzing around with the teleconferencing system, and continue attempting to document progress on the wiki (See La Fonera and OBi110 VoIP setup.)
- doing this, that and the other thing
- occasionally restocking the fridge
- kept the tunes going a la Radio Paradise
Project Awesome Reports
We postponed our March 3-4 launch due to winds out in Strasburg, despite everything being ready to go otherwise. Sad! We're currently deciding on a new launch date but the weekends of March 24 and March 31 are likely. We've also entered the Global Space Balloon Challenge under the team name Hackers SLS (Space Lunch System) and plan to launch another Spaceblimp for that competition in later April (not to far away). Enrique
Audit Committee Report
Nobody bothered to form a committee so there's no report.
Enrique - This year I hosted events on Lockpicking (TOOOL came), Software Defined Radio, Cryptocurrencies and the Metasploit Workshop put on by Beltway Hackers. Also lots of Spaceblimp meetings, especially lately. Spaceblimp 7 was postponed from the Eclipse date to early 2018 and just postponed again due to weather but we're ready to go very soon.
"Bylaws amendment proposal: Change the threshold for future bylaws amendments from "more than three quarters (3/4ths) of voting members," to "more than three quarters (3/4ths) of member votes cast 90 days from the proposal approval date," and from "Notice of such petition must be submitted electronically to all members," to "Notice of such a petition must be submitted to all members electronically and, where electronic means produce no response, all other available means." (petition approved April 2017) http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/Regular_Member_Meeting_2017_04_11)
Board of Directors Elections
Results of the elections are as follows:
President: ??? stood for election unopposed.
Vice President: ??? and ??? stand for VP. ??? won with ??? votes to ???
Treasurer: ??? stood for election unopposed.
Secretary: ??? stood for election unopposed.
At large seats: ???, ???, and ??? stand for at large seats. ??? and ??? won the ranked choice vote.
Time: Change me