Annual Meeting 2020
From HacDC Wiki
From the HacDC Bylaws, Article III, Section 2:
- At the annual meeting, the voting members shall elect the Board of Directors, review and vote on the standing rules and policies of the corporation, receive reports on the activities of the corporation, approve the budget and determine the direction of corporation in the coming year.
Time and Location
Date: Tuesday, March 12 Location: HacDC
Meeting called to order at
Time: 7:10pm By: Karen
- Members Present:
- Brian Madonna
- Don Jones
- Others Present:
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Louis -- Led a very successful round of All About Circuits sessions
- We have a new member (Chris)
- Bobby -- Has put a lot of effort into the laser cutter and it's paying off! We're almost there
Fundraising Activities - scheduled and proposed
Vice President's Report
10 days into March and we are net +$677 dollars for this month. There have been addidional payments from paypal and additional deposits made directly to the bank of $330, $336, and $1200. We currently have $785 dollars in the BB&T account and we are about to deposit an additional $1400.
We are doing significantly better this month than before with several one-time payments accounting for the difference
- Member cleanup will be happening this coming Saturday with Don Jones. And we have a new spring cleaning part II scheduled for March 21st
Project Awesome Reports
Audit Committee Report
Nobody bothered to form a committee so there's no report. All financial statements including receipts for all purchases are at the space, in the BOD locker, treasurer's folder.
- We are still figuring out a time and list idea of things to talk about to Nehemia of NonStop Art (who just got a new job)
- Figuring out what we are going to do at USASEF: Louis' speaker hooked up to a theremin is one idea, possibly some additional visual elements to be added. We should email Avi about TOOOL and try to make lockpicking happen
- HARC Foxhunt coming up in the future (early April planning, event in June/July)
- Free Market held at the church every third Saturday, would theyu want HacDC for electronics repair? Or other table operations? Or could we bring a 3D printer?
Board of Directors Elections
Results of the elections are as follows:
President: Karen stood for election unopposed.
Vice President: John stood for election unopposed.
Treasurer: Matt stood for election unopposed
Secretary: Tayeb stood for election unopposed.
At large seats: Brian and Louis stand for at large seats unopposed.
Karen moved, Kevin seconded a motion to elect the slate of board candidates in a single vote. Motion to elect the slate passed.
We have a new member! Chris
Time: Change me