Annual Meeting Agenda 2009
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 12:38, 2 February 2009 by Katie
According to the Bylaws:
- An annual meeting of all members shall take place sometime in January, February or March. The Coordinator in Chief shall select the date, time and place no later than January 31 of each year. The date, time and place of the annual meeting must be posted in the registered office and submitted to members electronically at least two weeks prior to the annual meeting. A petition signed by more than three quarters (3/4ths) of voting members and submitted to the Board of Directors before Valentine's Day may specify a new date, time and place for the annual meeting. At the annual meeting, the voting members shall elect the Board of Directors, review and vote on the standing rules and policies of the corporation, receive reports on the activities of the corporation, approve the budget and determine the direction of corporation in the coming year.
The 2009 Annual meeting will take place on Saturday, February 21, 2009, starting at 5:00 pm. Post-party with food and drinks TBA/TBD.
Potential items to consider:
- Dues - at least one member has suggested we review the dues level and consider lowering dues
- Quorum - at least one member has suggested the bylaws be amended to prevent the voting-in of new members at a meeting from increasing the quorum threshold at that meeting, possibly thereby breaking quorum and ending the meeting prematurely
- Approval of New Members - Under the current system, prospective members can pay membership dues for weeks or months before being officially approved and thus able to enjoy the privileges of membership. Is this something we'd like to change?
- It is proposed to reduce the frequency of business meetings to once per month, both to reduce the amount of formal business upkeep, and to free up Tuesday nights for more involving events.