Board Meeting 2021 12 21
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 14:57, 27 December 2021 by Msavage (→Agenda Item #8: Covid - Health. Air quality monitor (to replace Ken’s) via Raspberry Pi HomeBridge OS)
Time and Location
- Date: December 21st 2021
- Called to order at 6:40pm
- BOD Members present: Brian, Tayeb, Matt, John, Michelle
- Members present:
- Members remote: None
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Vice President's Report
Agenda Item #1: Decision-making: requiring a quorum for all meetings
- General agreement this was the way to continue to schedule meetings and re-schedule meetings as necessary
- Where a quorum to meet = 1/4th of board members; quorum to pay $1000 item = 1/3rd of board members
Agenda Item #2: Board elections: clarification of roles and setting a date for elections
- must be in Feb or Mar (according to bylaws)
- Kevin open to being At-Large
- Tayeb planning on departing
- Karen can be asked for a position
- John glad to be At-Large
- set to vote on members meeting last meeting Mar 9th
- Matt glad to be Treasurer
- Michelle glad to be President
Agenda Item #3: Equipment - donations. Requesting and receiving donations
- Michelle will respond to donors and copy board and know who's nearby (Gabe, John, Tayeb are close by).
- Include in email "want it to be tax deductible? might take a little research on our end." to get estimate and receipt.
Agenda Item #4: Getting (and keeping) additional helpers
- Supporting instructors & potential new instructors
- Managing volunteers & types of volunteers we need & volunteer projects
- Volunteers can do Remote - given that we meet them, a BOD vouches for them; can get into the space if supervised
Agenda Item #5: Membership. Policy for non-members attending virtual classes/events.
Agenda Item #6: Membership. Should institute a virtual membership plan?
Agenda Item #7: Communications - committee. “Unified Data” Phase 1: Wiki-Website-Meetup-Google
Agenda Item #8: Covid - Health. Air quality monitor (to replace Ken’s) via Raspberry Pi HomeBridge OS
- Michelle: we've had Ken's air quality monitors over a year and we need to make a plan to return them and use our own system. Maybe do a DIY system and can use Ken's tools to compare/quality control before final return to him.
- John: has logged air quality monitor; will gradually phase out and use Ken's to QA our raspberry pi.
- Matt: open to trying a solution for HacDC space
- Matt: uses OpenHat (spelling?) now control home lighting
- Michelle: some (possibly) helpful videos:
Agenda Item #9: Safety - Waiver. Hold harmless agreement for existing and new members
- Tayeb: has anyone know what our insurance policy is?
- John: who would we even put a claim into with?
- Matt: wants quarterly / semi-annually to list everything and keep informed
- John: would get insurance for the space
- Michelle: should start that process now for new equipment
- Tayeb: should request this
Agenda Item #10: Basement improvements. Decluttering and organizing the basement.
Agenda Item #11: Government contracts. Apply for a SAM code & DUNS number.
- Michelle: will get this started end of Spring
Agenda Item #12: Comms Systems. TechSoup access for free Zoom access (see John).
- John/Matt: needs to reset his password: https://www.techsoup.org/ForgotPassword
- John: start with post-election news
- Tayeb: will solicit to membership for help to get this done every other month. Simultaneous announcement on Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc.
- New elections
- New grant
- New website (ie. unified data)
Agenda Item #14: Membership clarifying information and changes.
- Meetup events are entirely open - nonmembers welcome
- Courses (on-site) => members only no charge; nonmembers for a charge
- Open Nights - MicroFab; AutoCAD - more social, more club events
- Virtual membership - tabled until we can be in the space
Agenda Item #15: The Space.
Someone to man the space -
- Way to track and equipment and fix equipment (must be person easy to get along with)
- Way to decide when something reached end of useful life => announce available to members (two week wait for anyone to take) => two weeks before for anyone to throw away => sell stuff on eBay
Decommission space / Health Check of Equipment
- John: do another annual "Spring Cleaning" clean-out to get rid of stuff not worth fixing
- Matt: noticed there was water in the basement; space floods a lot but not to the level where its too high
- Tayeb: there is drainage outside the door (John thinks is part of the problem)
- John: (question really for HAM Radio Club)
Spring Cleaning: Feb / Mar -- probably multi-day; when new board takes over
- space decommission
Agenda Item #Misc: Miscellaneous.
- Due to holidays - cancelling all events until non until Jan 1st (even virtual ones)
Adjourned by at 8:01p by Tayeb