Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:33, 12 November 2010 by Xaqrox (changed link to Makerbot page to read "Makerbot Cupcake" and link to "Makerbot")
- 3D Printing: We've got a Makerbot Cupcake (on loan from Andy Walker) and a mutant early Reprap both extruding noodles of melted plastic on command. If you need a custom small plastic part, design it in a CAD program and come print it out.
- Sensor Network: Making hardware projects accessible over XMPP.
- HacDC Spaceblimp: Near space initiatives and Hackerspaces In Space contest.
- Machine Shop Classes: Classes on using the lathe, with possibilities for growth into other machines in the future. Beginners to advanced.
- LightningTalks: 12 speakers present 5 minutes talks on any topic that interests them! Monthly.
- WOPR: The HacDC IRC bot. Check out what WOPR can do for you and contribute modules for fame and fortune.
- HacDC Intranet Server: An Intranet server provides an on-site platform for interfacing HacDC-specific devices or scripts or files.
- Occupancy Sensor: PIR motion sensor with output embeddable in various webpages, so people could see when the space is occupied.
- Physical Access Control Project: Doors, Locks, and their Control
- Stuff: HacDC has lots of stuff. More stuff is always coming in. HacDC has a limited amount of space. Some stuff has to go out.
- Components Store: Since the honor-system soda stock in the fridge is working so well, we now have a stock of electronic components that works the same way.
- Wanted Workshops: A means for the community to express its needs and desires.