This is the Policy Manual for HacDC. This is version 0.1. All policy pages are protected and can only be modified by vote of the membership at a membership meeting. A hard copy of the policy in effect exists at HacDC in the Public Inspection Locker
(Note: As of 4/10/08 these pages are still being edited and discussed.)
The Core Policy Concept : C4K
Our core policy concept is Command, Control, Communications, Collaboration, and Khaos. It is loosely based on the military concept of C4I, which stands for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence.
- Command: What members and project stakeholders agree upon, in addition to compliance with law and standards of good governance. Our Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, this Policy Manual as well as relevant Membership Decisions and Board Decisions.
- Control: How things get done in the most productive, transparent and honest way possible. How are privileges and access assigned and what are the associated responsibilities? Who is responsible for certain mission critical functions? The Ministers are responsible for day-to-day operations and they, along with the rest of the members, are bound by the Access Control Policy and Financial Operations Policy.
- Communications: We have an obligation to communicate clearly and effectively within HacDC as well as a duty to communicate effectively with the general public. This policy outlines the technical structure of our communications systems as well as guidelines for communicating effectively as a whole.
- Collaboration: (Need to Finish)
- Khaos: (Eric should write this part)
This category currently contains no pages or media.