Difference between revisions of "Servers"
From HacDC Wiki
(added to category HacDC Systems)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 21:50, 15 December 2016
Shell and VPS server, emphasis on uptime. Dual-Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD. ONLINE
Shell and VPS server, emphasis on uptime, durability, and performance. Octo-Core dual Xeon X5355, 48GB ECC RAM, 20TB RAID6, 5TB RAID0, 900MB/s 1000 IOPS peak estimated throughput. Awaiting delivery.
WIP = Work In Progress
Network Attached Storage
Besides HacDC servers maintained semi-officially, members can host their own servers, within reason and assistance from the HacDC admin team. Mostly, we ask that collocated servers be efficient, on an as-needed basis, and out of the way.
Acceptable Use Policies
Applicable to all use of HacDC communal computing resources.
- Resale of HacDC services is subject to approval at a duly held member meeting
- Incidental use of HacDC services for commercial purposes is acceptable when it complies with all relevant HacDC policies.
- It is requested than any commercial users 'give back' fairly (upwards 5% of returns).
Server/network/web administrators may take corrective action to address violations of policy. The following actions are never acceptable.
- Actions contrary to HacDC's 501(c)3 mission.
- Violations of applicable laws (international, federal, state, or local).
- Actions prohibited by HacDC policy.
- Any form of spam, or activity which causes spam filters to reject mail from *.hacdc.org or any other HacDC related domain.
- Heavy network use, reducing QoS for neighbouring tenants.
- Uncoordinated excess resource usage adversely affecting other users.
- Failure to comply with password policies.
The following are grounds for immediate, complete, and permanent loss of all access:
- Actions which jeopardize the resources or safety of the staff, members, guests, tenants of HacDC or St. Stephen's Church.
- Failure to comply with previous sanctions.
- Compromised accounts.