From HacDC Wiki
Simple project server, emphasis on availability and uptime.
- CPU - E2200 Dual-Core 2.2GHz
- RAM - 1GB
- HDD - 500GB
- Hostname - HacDC-shared-m335-1
- FQDN - HacDC-shared-m335-1.hacdc.org
None yet. Internal backups or RAID1 planned for OS/user storage. Access to a RAID0 (striped) array planned for high-speed semi-permanent storage.
HacDC members with a demonstrable need or willingness to manage non-root users may be given root access. Imperative that root users do not jeopardize uptime.
All HacDC members are welcome to xenshell access. Resources, including CPU, disk space, and external network ports, will be allocated on an as-needed first-come-first-serve basis.
Internal server email will notify users, if feasible, on the following schedules, subject to change.
- Three days before planned downtime exceeding one hour.
- One week before planned permanent downtime (obsolescence).
- Three months before removal of ex-member accounts. Exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Users should regularly backup critical data offiste.
- Onsite data storage is not guaranteed to be reliable.
- All server data may be deleted after obsolescence.
- Removed accounts may be deleted immediately and permanently upon deactivation.
Machine is physically accessible to all keyholding HacDC members. Although HacDC members are generally responsible, privacy should not be expected.
Sharing of account resources is permitted, however, additional resources will be allocated according to individual member needs for specific purposes. As a reminder, compromised accounts will be immediately removed as discovered.
Hunterkll - Donated core hardware.
Applicable to all use of HacDC server resources.
- Resale of HacDC hosting services is subject to 501(c)3 provisions, and member acceptance. Within those restrictions, it is politely requested than any commercial users 'give back' fairly, upwards 5% of returns.
At minimum, credentials and assets may be immediately deleted.
- Contrary to HacDC's 501(c)3 mission.
- Contrary to US public policy.
- Prohibited by HacDC internal policy.
- Jeopardizes HacDC or other HacDC members. Specifically, compromised accounts will be immediately disabled upon discovery, and may be immediately deleted.
- Any form of spam, or activity which causes spam filters to reject mail from *.hacdc.org.
- HacDC - Identifies machine as HacDC or HacDC member property on the local network.
- shared - One of private, restricted, shared. Private = one member only (eg. RasPi). Restricted = limited access (eg. HacDC web server). Shared = shared resources (ie. remote shells).
- m335 - Abbreviated member name or screen name. Full contact details should be written on the physical machine.
- 1 - Unique identifier.
- mirage335 - Local username.
- 1 - Unique machine identifier.