From HacDC Wiki
Simple shell and OpenVZ VPS server, emphasis on availability and uptime.
Ready for delivery to HacDC.
Applicable to all use of HacDC server resources.
- Resale of HacDC hosting services is subject to 501(c)3 provisions, and member acceptance. Within those restrictions, it is politely requested than any commercial users 'give back' fairly, upwards 5% of returns.
At minimum, credentials and assets may be immediately deleted. Though not official policy, server admins may take corrective action upon discovery of any of the following, without limitation.
- Contrary to HacDC's 501(c)3 mission.
- Contrary to US public policy.
- Prohibited by HacDC internal policy.
- Jeopardizes HacDC or other HacDC members. Specifically, compromised accounts will be immediately disabled upon discovery, and may be immediately deleted.
- Any form of spam, or activity which causes spam filters to reject mail from *.hacdc.org.
- Heavy internet use, reducing QoS for neighboring tenants.
- Weak passwords.