From HacDC Wiki
Simple project server, emphasis on availability and uptime.
Available services include root access (demonstrable need or willingness to manage non-root users), non-root 'Debian Shell' access, and Xen paravirtualized hosting (resources allocated by need and first-come-first-serve).
Access is through SSH login. Specific Xen commands by non-root users permitted through sudo, aliased for convenience. Extremely basic knowledge of Linux command line use is required.
Applicable to all use of HacDC server resources.
- Resale of HacDC hosting services is subject to 501(c)3 provisions, and member acceptance. Within those restrictions, it is politely requested than any commercial users 'give back' fairly, upwards 5% of returns.
At minimum, credentials and assets may be immediately deleted.
- Contrary to HacDC's 501(c)3 mission.
- Contrary to US public policy.
- Prohibited by HacDC internal policy.
- Jeopardizes HacDC or other HacDC members. Specifically, compromised accounts will be immediately disabled upon discovery, and may be immediately deleted.
- Any form of spam, or activity which causes spam filters to reject mail from *.hacdc.org.
- Heavy internet use, reducing QoS for neighboring tenants.
- Weak passwords.