From HacDC Wiki
Household Emergency Prep
- make ice blocks in freezer with cleaned used drink containers leaving room for the ice to expand when filling
- DO NOT BURN STUFF INSIDE THE HOUSE unless you have a fireplace or the like that has ventilation.
- use rocks/bricks/concrete to transfer heat from a outdoors fire inside the house using cotton or wool clothe to wrap them after removing them from the fire so you don't burn yourself of stuff inside the house.
- store dry wood in recycle bins and trashcans and secure the lids
- store or tie down items such as lawn furniture, tables, umbrellas, flowerpots, construction material, etc.