HAM HT Baofeng UV-3R
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 23:48, 26 November 2012 by Haxwithaxe (updating with info about the data cable)
- CHIRP - a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. (appears to support the UV-3R)
- firmware modification tool
- manufacturer's software tool
- DON'T BUY THE PROGRAMMING CABLE* you can use a 3.5mm stereo plug and a usb to serial device. (pinouts available here)
- If you buy one the only working setup for using the manufacturer's programming software found by User:haxwithaxe has been Windows7 with *Vista* drivers for the Prolific serial adapter.
- others have had success with WINE and in XP but since many of the cables are counterfeit they have varying levels of functionality with different drivers.
- User:haxwithaxe use a VirtualBox VM with usb pass through.
- page 29, FM Radio Function:
- Appears to be due to difference in button layout between the original and the mkII
- step 1:
press and hold the button [ POWER ] come to the FM Radio mode.
press and hold the button [ LAMP/FM ] come to the FM Radio mode.
- step 3:
press and hold the button [ POWER ] EXIT the FM Radio mode.
press and hold the button [ LAMP/FM ] EXIT to the FM Radio mode.
|Amateur radio||Amateur radio station||HARC Projects||Prepping the Ham Exams|
|Subscribe to the HacDC Amateur Radio Club email list|