HacDC Spaceblimp 3
From HacDC Wiki
- If you want to get involved or learn more or contribute to the program...
- Subscribe to the Spaceblimp email list
PLEASE NOTE - NEW DATE!
|Logistics planning and radio check meet:||Monday Nov 8, 7:00 PM at HacDC|
|Planned launch date:||Saturday, November 13, 2010 (Rain date November 14).|
|Launch time:||9:00 AM, Launch should take less than an hour.|
|Launch Location:||Probably along US 81 Between Hagerstown, MD and Edinburg, VA.
Specific location, directions and coordinates will be posted on HacDC.org by 7:00 AM day of event.
|Coordination/Talk-in:||146.685 MHz repeater input, 146.415 MHz simplex|
|Planned Ascent Rate:||TBD|
|Primary Beacon:||Tiny Track 4 with 0.5 W transmitter on 144.390 MHz, call sign W3HAC-11 (map). $3 GPS module|
|Secondary Beacon:||Son-of-WhereAVR with ublox GPS. Yaesu VX-1 handi-talkie with 1 W Transmitter, call sign W3HAC-12 (map), Frequency TBD|
|Other sensors:||Recording accelerometer, air pressure based altimeter, cosmic ray counter|
If you spot something you can handle or wish to learn about, we'd love to have your help. (Seriously, meeting more people like you is major goal of HacDC.)
- Blog about upcoming flight
- Document HacDC Spaceblimp 1 on wiki
- Build primary & secondary beacon antenna
- Altimeter selection & purchase
- Purchase 32 GB SDHC memory card for video
- Build battery pack for video
- Make weatherproof labels/tags for capsule recovery (laminate, 3d print, laser cut, etc.)
- Work on CHDK scripts for still cameras
- Build capsule/rigging/chute
- Vacuum test Geiger counter
- New software for additional sensors (add small μC?)
If you would like to help, contact email@example.com.
|Main Page||Press Page||First Launch (Found)||Second Launch (Successful)|
|Third Launch (Successful)||Fourth Launch (Successful)||Fifth Launch (3% short of goal)||Sixth Launch (Successful)||Seventh Launch (Successful)|
|Subscribe to the Spaceblimp email list|