HacDC Spaceblimp 6/Projects/Structural Design
From HacDC Wiki
- If you want to get involved or learn more or contribute to the program...
- Subscribe to the Spaceblimp email list
This team will provide guidance and deliver solutions for the structural design of the payload bay, its securing to the balloon, and the balloon itself. This team and all other project teams that will be delivering payloads are expected to communicate needs, constraints, and expectations. Final constraints and designs will be approved by the Spaceblimp group at large.
- Ethan M
- Nancy Wolfson
- 2000g balloon
- ZPB DIY balloon (probably not first flight)
- Housing Idea - Laser (or hot wire) cut expanded Styrofoam - glue together layers of Styrofoam for custom 3D shape and cover in epoxy for mounting hardness/Durability
- GSBC Regulations Overview should be reviewed for structural design considerations