From HacDC Wiki
Junk Bins (Proposed)
- Level 1 - aka "1 week bin"
- When an item(s) is placed in the Level 1 bin, it (or its container) must be NONDESTRUCTIVELY AND NONPERMANENTLY labeled with the date it was removed from the bench and from which bench it was removed. see map
- After 1 week in a Level 1 bin an item must be placed in a Level 2 junk bin.
- Level 2 - aka "1 month bin"
- After 1 month in a Level 2 bin an item should be placed in a Level 3 bin
- Level 3 - aka "removal bin"
- When an item is placed in a Level 3 bin it should be photographed and posted to the <yet to be defined junk repo> with a brief textual description.
- Labeled (as described in previous Junk Bin Levels) items in Level 3 bins may *not* be remain in the space once their time has elapsed.
- After a month in a Level 3 bin items will be recycled, trashed, stripped for parts, sold by HacDC, or otherwise disposed of as the Junk Comity or Voting Membership sees fit.