From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 12:50, 20 October 2010 by Katie
At the moment this is Katie's page for planning an LED Embroidery workshop. It may later become a resource page for workshop participants.
Resources already on hand:
- coin cell batteries (3V)
resistorsnot needed in this case
- conductive thread (~25Ohms/foot)
- white 3mm LEDs (3.5V, 20mA)
What each participant should get:
- embroidery needle
- regular embroidery thread
- conductive thread
- embroidery hoop
- dark fabric
- fabric pencil?
- coin cell battery
- tape to secure battery?
- needle threader
Resource I should provide:
- books with constellation drawings
- photo and sample of finished piece
- Choose a design.
- Layout the design with fabric pencil.
- Prep LEDs (punch through fabric and twist leads).
- Sew circuit with conductive thread.
- Test with battery.
- Sew decorative part with regular thread.