Laser cutter printing procedure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Recommended Printing Procedure
- Assuming Inkscape or Corel draw, make the default page size to be 12"H x 20"W
- In Corel, the page size options should be displayed in the toolbar directly above the drawing window, or also via the Tools -> Option menu
- In Inkscape, set the page size via the File -> Document Properties menu. There is an option to resize page to image which is useful if you've imported a single part and duplicated it.
- Bound your drawing with a YELLOW box. Pull it as tight to your drawing as desired, the less space left, the less wastage, but you do want to leave a small margin, especially if you're cutting at the limits of the machine.
- Select all and set your line/stroke width to "Hairline" in Corel, or 0.1px in Inkscape
- Print to the Microsoft XPS driver. It will ask you to save the file somewhere, and then immediately open the XPS viewer.
- Verify your print in the XPS Viewer, if it's not right here, it's not going to be right on the cutter.
- Open the Retina Engrave software, and open your XPS. Cut away!