Difference between revisions of "LightningTalks"
From HacDC Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Overview ==
== Overview ==
Revision as of 21:53, 24 September 2009
HacDC Lightning Talks sessions feature 12 speakers, each talking for 5 minutes. Topics can be anything of interest to the speaker. Speakers submit their ideas for approval, and 12 topics are chosen for a given session. Rejected topics may be resubmitted for any future session. To submit a talk topic proposal, please email me a title and brief description (if not self explanatory) at dp - at - danielpacker - dot - org or say hello on #hacdc on freenode (my nick is obscurite).
Why would you want to do a lightning talk?
- To show off a project
- Let people know what you're into
- Get feedback on an idea
- Practice talking about a particular topic
- Practice public speaking in a nonthreatening way
- Find project contributors/volunteers/members
Next Lightning Talks (October 1st, 7:30PM)
- Kōdō, the Japanese Way of Incense (Katie)
- The Evolution of Death (Daniel)
- Cross-Platform Multiple Compiler Build System (Eryc)
- Unearthing an 8-bit Dungeon (Jason)
- The Solenoid Beat: towards a mechanical drum machine w/ MIDI controller (Michael)
- Miniaturizing your projects - Techniques for using tiny little QFN surface mount components at home (Alden)
- Linguistics topics or Naginata??? (TBA) (Ederlyn)
- Using PGP web of trust to authenticate users??? (TBA) (Derek)
- Rememberancer ??? (TBA) (Alberto - unconfirmed)
- After the End of the World: Lessons We Can Learn from the Black Death (Benjamin)
Past Lightning Talks
There are none yet.