From HacDC Wiki
Lightning talks sessions feature 12 speakers, each talking for 5 minutes about any topic that interests them. Speakers submit their ideas for approval, and 12 topics are chosen for a given session. Rejected topics may be resubmitted for any future session.
Why would you want to do a lightning talk?
- To show off a project
- Let people know what you're into
- Get feedback on an idea
- Practice talking about a particular topic
- Practice public speaking in a nonthreatening way
- Find project contributors/volunteers/members
Next Lightning Talks (October 1st, 7:30PM)
- Kōdō, the Japanese Way of Incense - Katie
- The Evolution of Death - Daniel
- Cross-Platform Multiple Compiler Build System - Eryc
- TBA - Jason
- Drum macine demo and mechanized rhythm - Michael
- Miniature Lighting Board - Alden