Meeting Start Wednesday July 30 7:50pm
- HacDC Founding Member: RBD
- HacDC Founding Member: DC
- Guest: MS (8:45pm)
Opening discussion revolved around Jeff Han's FTIR interactive display design as well as different prototypes.
No objection to the following working groups:
- LED circuitry
- LED+Plexi Frame Design
- Box Design and Construction
- IR Camera Construction
- Computer Building
- Projector Construction (if necessary)
- TouchLib Development
- Application Development
No objection to:
- At least 3 LEDS per edge of the plexiglas.
- Making at least one prototype before building the final product
- The LED circuitry and Plexiglas to be built using a frame, as a single assembly.
- The purchase of the plexiglas and LED components
- Researching how to drill the holes for the LEDs accurately.
- RBD suggested that when the prototype is shown to work, we request funding from HacDC to purchase a new projector. DC suggested that we use the old project and request that HacDC buy a new project to replace the old projector.
- DC suggested that he'll research if there any plastics manufacturer near where he resides.
- MS discussed using the Wii controller, in the context of a multi-touch interactive display.
- MS also discussed how to use the Wii controller to create a 'digital whiteboard'
Meeting close 9:30pm