From HacDC Wiki
Wednesday 11 June 2014
Jim Montgomery WB3KAS Maryland/Washington, DC Section Emergency Coordinator presented an introduction to ARES File:ARES Overview to W3HAC.pdf
Wednesday May 14 2014
Amateur Broadband on 3.4 GHz
Wednesday 9 Oct 2013
Martin presented monitoring aircraft data with an inexpensive DVB-T USB dongle File:Aviation Data Monitoring.pdf
Wednesday 11 Sept 2013
Hax presented GQRX - a RTL-SDR based radio for linux. Martin demonstrated SDR# and ADSB decoding with a RT-SDR.
Wednesday 14 Aug 2013
Lee presented on the Kenwood TM-D700 UHF/VFS radio with APRS TNC
Wednesday 10 July 2013
Martin presented his "quick and dirty FPGA based FM transmittter" project
Wednesday 12 June 2013
Field Day planning
Wednesday 8 June 2013
Narrow-band signaling over VHF link demonstration with David Bern W2LNX of the Montgomery County ARC
Wednesday 24 April 2013
Wide-band 801.11 UHF mesh radio network demonstration with David Bern W2LNX of the Montgomery County ARC
Wednesday April 10 013
Baofeng uv-3r hacking and radio cart software
Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Phil S. voted in club Secretary
Digital modes presentation by Martin KB3UJQ
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
ARES presentation by Jack Gunther KB3KKY - DC ARES EC
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
USB Dongle SDR presentation by Martin KB3UJQ
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
APRS presentation by Lee N4TCW and Martin KB3UJQ
Wednesday, 8 August 8 2012
Small Satellite and Ham Radio by Samudra Haque N3RDX
Wednesday, 11 July 2012
Amateur Radio Emergency Communications presentation by Lee N4TCW
Wednesday, 13 June 2012
Project Byzantium presentation by The Doctor, Ben the Pirate and Haxwithaxe
Wednesday, 9 May, 2012:
00. We enjoyed a presentation on the Nerves project, which uses the BeagleBone ARM board and the Erlang language for rapid prototyping and a framework glue. High performance in a small, low power and inexpensive package.
01. We amended and approved the proposed constitution for HARC. This will be posted later, or available for view in hardcopy.
02. We amended and approved bylaws. This will also either be posted, or available for view in hardcopy.
03. We amended and approved the application for ARRL affiliation, and added more names to the roster. Also to be posted later, or available for view in hardcopy.
04. We elected our first group of club officers:
President: Martin R. Vice President: Lee C. Treasurer: Nick B. Secretary: Steve B.
05. Current member roster:
Bill B. Steve B. Nick B. Lee C. Chris K. Bryce L. Ben M. John P. Martin R. Phil S.
Meeting - Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 Topics: building club membership, work on application for ARRL affiliation Bill built a new Off Center Fed antenna for the Roof. Too wet on roof to install Got our sound card interface working. QSO'd over PSK-31 Built a choke balun to reduce RF in the shack. Got Nick's 10m unit fixed. Cut down CB antenna and tuned with Bill's miniVNA show and tell - Martin showed off DM780 super waterfall display of simultaneous contacts
First Meeting - HacDC Amateur Radio Group (W3HAC) Wednesday September 28, 2011 7:30 PM Agenda: starting an amateur radio club setting up a radio station/repeaters/digipeaters/antennas/lightning protection affiliating with ARRL, conducting FCC licensing classes Spaceblimp
HAM CLUB (provisionally "HARC") We met 19:30, Wed 28 Sept.
Founders: Bill B Nick B Phil S Steve Martin R
01. Increasing HacDC membership 02. Hardware building and using focus 03. Licensing new HAMs 04. Meeting regularly (2 Wednesdays per month (2nd and 4th))
01. Bill (WA1IVD) will contact ARRL to start a liason for the group.