From HacDC Wiki
Meetings Thursdays at 7:30ish starting 10 Feb 2011
Which way will we head with this?
- support Networking_Strategic_Simulation
- community wifi
- cold hard maxout of the current tech
- Development of communication devices with readily available (i.e., cheap) technology.
- Communication technology which lends itself to improvisational construction.
After we have our direction what are we gonna do?
- define coverage
- infinite (assuming it will grow with the technology's ability to support it)
- audience - who's gonna use this
- purpose - what will this be used for (surfing the web or just email/twitter/<insert favorite text service here>)
- Use case - circumstances under which this technology will usually be deployed
- communication infrastructure failure
What will our approach to the network level of the mesh be?
- "actor" oriented - assume no knowledge in other nodes
- nested - roll with what exists and use it to connect seperate traditional nets
- clients communicate using wifi with hubs
- hubs relay traffic using one of the mesh networking protocols
If we need to augment our mesh to cover our target area how will we do that?
- "same stuff but on a larger physical scale"
- a higher traditional network
- viral node generation - present captive portals on carriers that require the user to become a "infected" and themselves present captive portals to other non infected devices (zombie smartphone apocalypse)