From HacDC Wiki
This microTweeter application was written so I could learn python and play with my microcontroller a bit. Its a combination twitter application, python script and blob of microcontroller [avr atmega88] code designed.
In short - register twitter application, setup your pytweet library, burn main.c into your microcontroller, run the python script and then press the button. You'll quickly be tweeting as fast your can push a button...
- Install pySerial if you haven't already http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/
- Install pyTwitter from http://code.google.com/p/pytwitter/
- pyTwitter relies on a few additional python libraries, so follow their instal instructions
- Make sure you have an account on Twitter. www.twitter.com
- Sign up for an application on twitter (dev.twitter.com/apps)
- When you create your application, you'll get a consumer key and consumer secret value. Note these.
- Follow instructions at the top of this page http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_single_token to generate your personal access key and secret. Note these.
- Setup your ~/.tweetrc file. This is a selfconfig file. See the example tweet.py code from the pytwitter code.
- This uses file uses the four keys from the previous step
- Make sure you test your setup with tweet.py !
- Program your board with the main.c file in the microTweeter package below.
- This has been designed with elliots board in mind, so it uses the pushbutton and serial port to do IO.
- Assemble a file of quotes to use!
- I've provided a file of 22 Monty Python quotes. Feel free to use it or make your own file!
- run the python script, microTweeter, giving it file and port arguments in order to make twitter magicks happen.
- I take no responsibility for your friends weighing you against a duck if you overuse this application
Download the whole package here media:MicroTweeter.tar.gz