|Information on this page is Obsolete; it is preserved for historical interest|
This is the Policy Manual for HacDC. This is version 0.1.
A hard copy of the policy in effect exists at HacDC in the Public Inspection Locker.
(Note: As of 4/10/08 these pages are still being edited and discussed.)
The Core Policy Concept : C4K
Our core policy concept is Command, Control, Communications, Collaboration, and Khaos. While we are very serious about following our policies, the core concept is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the military concept of C4I, which stands for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence. In following the Khaos policy, Collaboration and Khaos are better than Computers and Intelligence, so we swapped those last two appropriately.
- Control: How things get done in the most productive, transparent and honest way possible. How are privileges and access assigned and what are the associated responsibilities? Who is responsible for certain mission critical functions? The members in Central Services help the organization run efficiently. They are primarily responsible for managing things like the Financial Operations Policy which includes Fundraising, Procurement, Inventory and Financial Reporting. They also work on Public Relations.
- Communications: We have an obligation to communicate clearly and effectively within HacDC as well as a duty to communicate effectively with the general public. This policy outlines the technical structure of our communications systems as well as guidelines for communicating effectively as a whole.
- Collaboration: We are here to collaborate. In one word, it is what we do. In serving charitable, educational and scientific purposes, our five point mission statement says that HacDC:
- Build and maintain spaces suitable for technical and social collaboration
- Collaborate on all forms of technology, culture and craft in new and interesting ways
- Apply the results of its work to specific cultural, charitable and scientific causes
- Freely share its research and discoveries, using what is learned to teach others (which is why we follow a very liberal Licensing Policy)
- Recruit and develop talented members dedicated to these purposes
- Khaos: Let's not take ourselves too seriously. Respect the MIBS and the MIBS will respect and nourish you. Khaos is also the designated graffiti wall on our wiki.
This category currently contains no pages or media.