Quantified Self Show & Tell 05/22/2011
We'll meet at 6, schmooze a while, and start presentations around 7.
Xaq Rothman: Tracking smoking with CigLog, a webapp I wrote.
Bjorn Westergard: Dietary logging with Cron-O-Meter, journaling with tiddlywiki, carrying a gps logger, DIY pulse-oximeter.
Erica Kane: Using a Bodybugg to monitor calorie burn, and to confirm or deny common beliefs about weight loss.
Elephant Ninja: Using the sticker method to track and improve pull-ups.
Blue of hello-the-future.net: Every week I sit down with my guitar and make a new song for the internet. In my presentation, we'll hear just how fast a musician can level up in a year.
What do you track/quantify with?
Here is an informal/incomplete list of the tools people use that we collected on the whiteboard.
- http://physicsdiet.com - weight
- http://untappd.com - beer!
- http://fitocracy.com - fitness
- http://github.com - code
- FitBit - sleep + exercise
- Run Keeper - exercise
- Blacktop - location
- http://proactivesleep.com - Daniel's sleep app
- PLX Devices
- WiThings - scale
- DigiFit - HR monitor (ANT+)
- http://opendatakit.org - Android/Phone ???? (sorry)
- http://your.flowingdata.com - data logging (web/twitter)
- http://joesgoals.com - habit creation/breaking
- http://personalinformatics.org (list of tools/blog)
- http://23andme.com (DNA)
- http://daytum.com (track everything)