Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2010 06 08"

From HacDC Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(21 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
== Time and Location ==  
 
== Time and Location ==  
 
June 8, 2010
 
June 8, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:35pm by Daniel Packer
+
Meeting called to order at _7:36__ by __Daniel Packer__
  
Members Present:
+
Members Present: Daniel P, Elliot W, Jamie A, Arc R, Jason D, Bradford B, Alan M, Alberto, Tim Ball, Martin, Dan B
  
Brad B, Alan M, Katie B, Tim B, Alberto G, Elliot W, Arc R,  Daniel P, Martin R, Dave E, Todd F, Ash G, Dan B
+
Others: Erica Kane, Sean Nock, Steven Hamrick, Tim S
 
 
 
 
Others:
 
 
 
Darren L, Andy W, Todd K
 
  
 
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
 
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
  
[[Regular Member Meeting 2010 05 11]] were approved with minor edits.
+
[[Regular Member Meeting 2010 05 11]]
  
 
== Director Reports ==
 
== Director Reports ==
Line 22: Line 17:
 
=== President's Report ===
 
=== President's Report ===
  
Daniel reported that things are going well.  Asbestos removal will take place this week.
+
Changes in space planning process
Electrical wiring done in the basement.  Money in the bank, can use
 
for space search if we don't get a sweetheart deal.  Nicolas C (Secretary) is
 
moving to NYC, we'll need to vote for his replacement.
 
  
 +
* Include more folks by slowing down process
  
 
=== Treasurer's Report ===
 
=== Treasurer's Report ===
  
Todd Fine reported we had $1962.45 income.  Expenses were $964*2 for rent, $100 for POS, $500 for insurance, $13 for vanity callsign (W3HAC), money for drinks.  Total expenses around $2,700.  We will refund USRP pledgie funds.
+
* Net ~ $700 income, not all pledges payed
  
 
=== Vice President's Report ===
 
=== Vice President's Report ===
  
Timball brought beer per campaign pledge.  Dealing with POS -- convinced bank
+
* Meeting tomorrow at bank, Dan P to join to attempt cancellation of POS
people that we had an account -- in progress.  Space in Gaithersburg
+
 
(the hangar) will get looked into, will organize trip via e-mail
+
=== Secretary's Report ===
list.
 
  
 +
* Membership report
 +
** Todd and Dan B to audit membership status for every member
  
 
=== Director-at-Large Reports ===
 
=== Director-at-Large Reports ===
  
* Katie: More stickers have arrived, will keep in drawer under the phone.  Please give them out to folks.  Hackerspace call-in was under-attended.  Visited Makers Local 256 in Alabama.
+
* Will in India on voluntourism trip
 +
* Katie at work, tending to a spacecraft
  
* Will:  Going to India with Engineers w/o Borders, will take notes on their IT infrastructure stuff, use them as a model for low-income IT.
+
== Member Reports ==
  
== Member Reports ==
+
Daniel
 +
* Space planning meetings, adjustments to process?
 +
* Web site
 +
 
 +
Alberto
 +
* Kickstarter/ fund raising, needs a proposal to do it.  Tim B. offered to help and laid out some example campaign amounts.
 +
Riley has offered to laser cut sponsor gifts.
  
* Brad: NARG is still fun.  Talked about genetic algorithms last week.
+
Andrew Q / Andrew K
 +
* door project
  
* Andy W: Is working on HacDC t-shirts for us.  There are designs,
+
Dan Barlow
  pre-orders have been taken.  Will collect money, make silkscreens
+
* paintbot
  and then HacDC will own them. 
 
  
* Martin: Spaceblimp is going well but could use more handsSubscribe to spaceblimp@hacdc.org.
+
Brad BMeetup.com suggestion and pricing.
   
 
* Dan B: Basement. Now that we have electricity, we might want to have a lathe -- passed around a bowl made from an old tree to encourage us.
 
  
 +
Eric Inventory software report.
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
  
* Talk to Todd to get your money back from the USRP pledgie.
 
  
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
  
* Approve $105 for annual meeting empanadas:  passed unanimously
+
* Proposed designs for meeting room (vote?)
  
* Approve $68 for stickers: passed unanimously
+
* Budget for new space (vote?)
  
== New Members ==
+
* Redbeard's Mural
  
* Darren L nominated. Electrical engineer, computer security. Donated a VX-1 handheld radio! 
+
* New server needed (old web server is going away)
 +
** Daniel offering to lead migration to new server, will propose VPS account ($30 512MB linode.com account)
 +
** Proposal for creation of sysadmin team and adoption of sysadmin team policies
 +
* [http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/File:Hedy_lamar_v3.png Hedy Lamarr mural]
  
* Andy W nominated. Security engineer.  Wants to build stuff.  Making us t-shirts!
+
None of the above required vote at this time.
  
== Election of Secretary ==
+
== New Members ==
  
Dan Barlow ran unopposed and won.  
+
* Erica K.
+
* Andrew K.
 +
* Sean N
 +
* Steven
 +
* Tim S
  
 
== Adjournment ==
 
== Adjournment ==
  
Adjourned at 8:25.
+
Adjourned at __8:55pm_____.
 
 
 
 
  
[[Category:Meeting_Agendas]]
+
[[Category:Meeting Minutes]]
[[Category:Meeting_Minutes]]
 

Latest revision as of 17:31, 3 April 2012

Note: This page serves as the 2010-06-8 Member Meeting's agenda (before the meeting) and minutes (after the meeting).

Time and Location

June 8, 2010 Meeting called to order at _7:36__ by __Daniel Packer__

Members Present: Daniel P, Elliot W, Jamie A, Arc R, Jason D, Bradford B, Alan M, Alberto, Tim Ball, Martin, Dan B

Others: Erica Kane, Sean Nock, Steven Hamrick, Tim S

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Regular Member Meeting 2010 05 11

Director Reports

President's Report

Changes in space planning process

  • Include more folks by slowing down process

Treasurer's Report

  • Net ~ $700 income, not all pledges payed

Vice President's Report

  • Meeting tomorrow at bank, Dan P to join to attempt cancellation of POS

Secretary's Report

  • Membership report
    • Todd and Dan B to audit membership status for every member

Director-at-Large Reports

  • Will in India on voluntourism trip
  • Katie at work, tending to a spacecraft

Member Reports

Daniel

  • Space planning meetings, adjustments to process?
  • Web site

Alberto

  • Kickstarter/ fund raising, needs a proposal to do it. Tim B. offered to help and laid out some example campaign amounts.

Riley has offered to laser cut sponsor gifts.

Andrew Q / Andrew K

  • door project

Dan Barlow

  • paintbot

Brad B. Meetup.com suggestion and pricing.

Eric Inventory software report.

Old Business

New Business

  • Proposed designs for meeting room (vote?)
  • Budget for new space (vote?)
  • Redbeard's Mural
  • New server needed (old web server is going away)
    • Daniel offering to lead migration to new server, will propose VPS account ($30 512MB linode.com account)
    • Proposal for creation of sysadmin team and adoption of sysadmin team policies
  • Hedy Lamarr mural

None of the above required vote at this time.

New Members

  • Erica K.
  • Andrew K.
  • Sean N
  • Steven
  • Tim S

Adjournment

Adjourned at __8:55pm_____.