Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2010 10 12"
From HacDC Wiki
|Line 182:||Line 182:|
== Member Reports ==
== Member Reports ==
== Old Business ==
== Old Business ==
Revision as of 16:57, 8 November 2010
Note: This page serves as the 2010-10-12 Member Meeting's agenda (before the meeting) and minutes (after the meeting).
Time and Location
October 12, 2010 Meeting called to order at 7:45 by Redbeard.
Others Present: Alex, Bjorn, Andrew
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Regular Member Meeting 2010 09 14 Arc requested that nonprofit income which was earmarked for a specific project should be split out. Approved.
- Discussion of fundraising efforts
* Friends of HacDC * Foundations
- Update on non-profit status
We are "Pending 501(c)3" and can accept donations. We must pay tax on those donations if our status is declined (unlikely). Have drafted letters for cash and in-kind donations. Trying to retrieve actual IRS notification of receipt of 501(3)c paperwork from Daniel P. Tim B. mentioned that now donors such as Think Geek and electronics supply houses can write off parts donations.
Profit & Loss Detail
Total for Membership Dues $1,688.75
Non Profit Income
9/01/2010 Sales Receipt 1167 Paypal 96.80 96.80
09/26/2010 Sales Receipt 1200 Paypal 12.68 109.48
Total for Non Profit Income $109.48
Total for Income $1,798.23
09/20/2010 Journal Entry 28 -SPLIT- 71.08 71.08
Total for Insurance $71.08
09/02/2010 Journal Entry (Linode) 25 -SPLIT- 37.45 37.45
09/03/2010 Journal Entry (AMEX-CANCELLED) 26 -SPLIT- 7.95 45.40
09/16/2010 Journal Entry (PHONE VERIFY) 27 -SPLIT- 0.75 46.15
09/30/2010 Journal Entry (POS REFUND! [?]) 31 -SPLIT- -100.38 -54.23
Total for Office Expenses $ -54.23
Rent or Lease
09/22/2010 Journal Entry 30 -SPLIT- 1,980.00 1,980.00
Total for Rent or Lease $1,980.00
Total for Expenses $1,996.85
Net Ordinary Income $ -198.62
09/01/2010 Journal Entry 32 -SPLIT- 0.20 0.20
Total for Interest Earned $0.20
Total for Other Income $0.20
09/20/2010 Journal Entry 29 -SPLIT- 25.00 25.00
Total for Miscellaneous $25.00
Total for Other Expense $25.00
Net Other Income $ -24.80
Net Income $ -223.42
HacDC Balance Sheet As of September 30, 2010
BBT Checking 5,156.56
Total Bank Accounts $5,156.56
Other Current Assets
Undeposited Funds 0.00 (actually 90.00 in cash, still not booked)
Total Other Current Assets $1,239.84
Total Current Assets $6,396.40
Rent Security Deposits 850.00
Total Other Assets $850.00
TOTAL ASSETS $7,246.40
LIABILITIES AND EQUITY
Total Equity $7,246.40
TOTAL LIABILITIES AND EQUITY $7,246.40
Vice President's Report
- Still working with the resilient community folks. They are pretty busy but want to get their article on us done by this months end.
- Working with a friend in Boston who is running a open-source alternative to MIT's design for empowerment course. It is a course focused on building communities like HacDC. The DFE eXtended course is hosted @ whichlight.com & will have 1-2 articles on HacDC this fall featured there.
- Thinking of doing a workshop/learningshop on spectroscopy based off the materials mark Adams sent out yesterday.
- Planning an LED Embroidery workshop and another tea night.
- Literal door bell for HacDC?
- Temporary tattoos - any interest evinced so far?
- Willing to organize drafting of Standing Rules when that becomes sufficiently more important than becoming financially secure.
Ben S. Brochure design updated, needs about $350 for 2000 copies. Funding discussion. Dan B. Job update Andy Shirts are on the way and will be put in the space with your name on them. Tim C. - NPR reporter Jason Fenster called looking for tech Halloween material. Also had talked to Redbeard. - Is putting together Web sponsorship ideas into a program. - Daily Show Rally discussion; All Night Event/Crash Exchange discussion, moved to New Business. Elliot W. Update on events in space Mentioned 405nM LASER build class Toast Please keep an eye out for 27 inch CRTs for arcade cabinet builds. Arc R. Project server needs more work. Occupancy bot needs work. Accepted wireless terminals and cameras from Andrew Kloman Redbeard Andy's MakerBot is working and has upgraded ACME threads and heated build platform. TC mentioned Mark A. will give 3D printing class Elliot mentioned that the Lathe classes were very popular and encouraged everyone to learn.
- Hacker Homcoming
- Arcade Cabinets (Shmoocon)
- Andrew H.
Adjourned at ___.