Regular Member Meeting 2011 02 08
From HacDC Wiki
Note: This page serves as the 2011-02-08 Member Meeting's agenda (before the meeting) and minutes (after the meeting).
Time and Location
February 8, 2011
Meeting called to order at 8:00 pm by Todd Fine.
Todd Tommy Katie Andrew William Brad Martin Toast Elliot Xaq TC Jamie Timball
John Horner -- been coming by, works at patent office, interested in HacDC. Reuben -- Here from Miami, interested in computer vision, robotics
Quorum met? Yup.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Approved without change.
Absent. Read e-mail in his absence: Annual Meeting on the 23rd.
Vice President's Report
Total for Membership Dues $1,929.50
Non Profit Income
1/10/2011 Journal Entry 57 -SPLIT- -0.17 -0.17 01/14/2011 Sales Receipt 1371 Nicholas Beauregard Paypal 12.68 12.51 01/24/2011 Sales Receipt 1383 Severin Tixier Paypal 48.25 60.76
Total for Non Profit Income $60.76
Total for Income $1,990.26
Commissions & Fees 01/18/2011 Journal Entry 52 -SPLIT- 121.00 121.00 (D.C. Government Fees)
Total for Commissions & Fees $121.00
01/10/2011 Journal Entry 49 -SPLIT- 71.08 71.08 01/28/2011 Journal Entry 55 -SPLIT- 71.08 142.16
Total for Insurance $142.16 (Twice Because of Previous Error)
01/03/2011 Journal Entry 47 -SPLIT- 37.45 37.45 (Linode) 01/10/2011 Journal Entry 50 -SPLIT- 31.80 69.25 (Keys) 01/10/2011 Journal Entry 48 -SPLIT- 33.33 102.58 (GoDaddy) 01/12/2011 Journal Entry 51 -SPLIT- 24.25 126.83 (501c3 Fax) 01/27/2011 Journal Entry 54 -SPLIT- 10.55 137.38 (Quickbooks)
Total for Office Expenses $137.38
Rent or Lease
01/21/2011 Journal Entry 53 -SPLIT- 2,000.00 2,000.00
Total for Rent or Lease $2,000.00
Total for Expenses $2,400.54
Net Ordinary Income $ -410.28
01/01/2011 Journal Entry 56 -SPLIT- 0.43 0.43
Total for Interest Earned $0.43
Total for Other Income $0.43
Net Other Income $0.43
Net Income $ -409.85
BBT Checking 2,726.07
Total Bank Accounts $2,726.07
Other Current Assets
Total Other Current Assets $3,733.28
Total Current Assets $6,459.35
Rent Security Deposits 850.00
Total Other Assets $850.00
TOTAL ASSETS $7,309.35
LIABILITIES AND EQUITY
Net Income -409.85
TOTAL LIABILITIES AND EQUITY $7,309.35
Looks like we can just barely eke out the rest of the rent agreement.
- Arranged for equipment donation of electronic test gear. Will need a pickup truck.
- Keeping eye on website -- only one real human registered, others are presumably spammers.
- Results from LinkedIn survey
- How would you feel about advertising your HacDC participation on LinkedIn by being a member of a HacDC group there?
I would like to do so. 5 I would not like to do so. 0 I don't care. 1 I don't use or intend to use LinkedIn. 0
- If a HacDC group on LinkedIn is established, who should be allowed to join?
Anyone at all 1 Anyone who participates in HacDC, member or not 4 Only HacDC members 1
- Cupcake Challenge results
- unicorn build report
- hoping to hold an LED Embroidery workshop before April
- our wikipedia entry is being considered for deletion; we should probably update it to prevent that
- Brad: Group buy for yo-yos ends tonight, and there will be a workshop for yoyos.
- Xaq: Completed printing out the parts for a reprap Mendel. Needs to find parts. People have been coming by doing 3D printing work on Monday nights. We should really start up a 3D printing night.
- Preston is restarting Lightning Talks. March 26th? Call for presentations will come out soon.
- Elliot: AVR class starts up Monday night the 21st
- Will: Talking about getting a basic electronics kit, workshop. Not sure about timing.
- Toast: When it gets warmer, wants to do a bike maintenance class.
- Brad: Locksport night?
- Todd: FIRST robotics, collaborating with Dunbar HS. Todd, Alex, and Nick have been going regularly. It's challenging -- the arm design to put an inner tube up high on a wall is hard. If anyone is good at the mechanical build, they could use the help.
- Timball: Met with Phyllis from FabLab DC. Has a building, wants to turn it into a functioning space. She is coming by the space Monday night. Also had a talk with the Mayor's office.
Proposed change to the membership process which are defined in the Standing Rules:
Any member may nominate a qualified person to be a voting member. Any eligible person may be elected as a voting member at any regular meeting upon meeting one of the following sets of qualifications:
1) The payment of their first periodic dues and visual approval of all members present.
2) The payment of their first periodic dues, a short statement prepared by the proposed member showing their support HacDC's mission as presented in article 1 of our Bylaws, and having at least two members present vouch for the candidacy of the prospective member. The two members which vouch for the candidacy of the new member may not be the person who nominated the individual for status as a voting member. After the nomination and vouching, standard voting procedure as in 1) is followed.
2.1) The prepared statement may be written or in some other form of A/V communication that the members of the meeting may understand.
Motion passes unanimously.
Both John and Reuben were voted in as members.
Adjourned at 9:00.