Regular Member Meeting 2011 07 12
Note: This page serves as the 2011-07-12 Member Meeting's agenda (before the meeting) and minutes (after the meeting).
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Director Reports
- 4 Member Reports
- 5 Old Business
- 6 New Business
- 7 New Members
- 8 Adjournment
Time and Location
July 12, 2011
Meeting called to order at _7:40_ by: Elliot
Elliot Toast Eric Phil Will Brad Martin Dan John Bjorn Tim
Others Present: Greg
Quorum met? yes.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
Treasurer's Report (Tim Slagle)
I have tracked down all the account info I needed but am still looking for some receipts. I downloaded all the 2011 financial info from BB&T and PayPal. Made a 2011 financial spreadsheet (Google Doc) which has member dues and donation payments, and a financial summary for each month. Here is the financial summary: File:HacDC Financials June 2011.pdf
We are basically breaking even due to the increased member donations and a non-trivial amount of donations from the robotics class ($200). It would be good to increase revenues even more so that we can start building the reserve back up and fund some projects again! We ended June 2011 with a reserve of about 2.5 months expenses.
In June, we had 43 paying members, one non-paying member, added no new members, and lost one (Sahar Goldin, who joined on 4/12).
I plan to cancel our monthly Quicken Online account ($10.55/mo) as soon as I'm sure my spreadsheets capture enough info to do the annual report.
- Clit-fest workshop, zine workshop didn't want to hold workshops here b/c not handicap accessible
- Zine fest drew about 10 people
- USA.gov asked to share about their data visualization for bit.ly hackathon, July 29. (Passed up our venue b/c of our internet connection.)
- Absent member Katie says hi from Japan, and congrats on the latest spaceblimp launch!