Regular Member Meeting 2011 07 12
From HacDC Wiki
Note: This page serves as the 2011-07-12 Member Meeting's agenda (before the meeting) and minutes (after the meeting).
Time and Location
July 12, 2011
Meeting called to order at _7:40_ by: Elliot
Elliot Toast Eric Phil Will Brad Martin Dan John Bjorn Tim
Others Present: Greg
Quorum met? yes.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
Treasurer's Report (Tim Slagle)
I have tracked down all the account info I needed but am still looking for some receipts. I downloaded all the 2011 financial info from BB&T and PayPal. Made a 2011 financial spreadsheet (Google Doc) which has member dues and donation payments, and a financial summary for each month. Here is the financial summary: File:HacDC Financials June 2011.pdf
We are basically breaking even due to the increased member donations and a non-trivial amount of donations from the robotics class ($200). It would be good to increase revenues even more so that we can start building the reserve back up and fund some projects again! We ended June 2011 with a reserve of about 2.5 months expenses.
In June, we had 43 paying members, one non-paying member, added no new members, and lost one (Sahar Goldin, who joined on 4/12).
I plan to cancel our monthly Quicken Online account ($10.55/mo) as soon as I'm sure my spreadsheets capture enough info to do the annual report.
- Clit-fest workshop, zine workshop didn't want to hold workshops here b/c not handicap accessible
- Zine fest drew about 10 people
- USA.gov asked to share about their data visualization for bit.ly hackathon, July 29. (Passed up our venue b/c of our internet connection.)
- Absent member Katie says hi from Japan, and congrats on the latest spaceblimp launch!
- Martin discussed Spaceblimp 5. Awesome, easy recovery, fun. 16th highest amateur balloon. New HacDC stickers have been re-ordered.
- Bjorn talked about Elizabeth's Max/MSP workshop. There will be more events, with the aim of bringing a bunch of music types. Processing workshops on the horizon?
- Dan broke down and ordered a bunch of broken video projectors -- has 20W LEDs. Talk to him if you're interested in playing around with one. Also has 3x100W LEDs ordered.
- Elliot talked about repairing all the 3D printers, building up the Prusa. We should probably step up and commit to a weekend build and get it hammered in an afternoon. We also have taken responsibility not only for running the wiring on the church intercom, but also sourcing the components. That project is currently in limbo.
- Pete replaced the belt on the drill press
Adjourned at: 8:40 pm