Regular Member Meeting 2013 02 12
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
February 12, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:32 by Eric
Members Present: Eric, Lee, Martin, Jamie, Phil, Nadir, Christine, David, Katie, Chris, Ben the Pyrate, Alberto, Tim D. Others Present: Phil, Jarett
Quorum met? Nope.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Regular Member Meeting 2013 01 08 Not yet approved.
- Jamie - getting the 3x3 working via marathon phone call to Megapath
We had a hangout meeting to brainstorm ideas for increasing involvement in the space. We came up with some good ideas. Want people to realize that we're all volunteers with a finite amount of time, so we depend on all of us to make HacDC cool. We're happy to help you if you have an idea that you want help on. Working on new standing rules to make it easier to add new members and conduct business. Thought about making a web app to inventory member expertise (maybe a mobile RPG kind of thing?).
Vice President's Report
- Did a great job of showing off for Gates Foundation / Beyond Access visit
- aaronsw Memorial Hackathon went pretty well
- ShmooCon is this weekend
- HacDC LUG - Mailing list is setup already
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for January 2013: File:HacDC Financials 2013 01.pdf. We gained three new membership subscriptions (from Ahmed Aden, Nicholas Jacobsen, and TJ Johnson, and lost Peter Edworthy. We had 55 paying members and 2 non-paying members. Our dues revenue is greater than expenses again, thanks to everyone for paying and thanks again to those that donate extra. With extra donations we had a non-earmarked monthly net of $322.
I rolled over the accounting spreadsheets for 2013 but have not yet filed our 990-N with the IRS (due in April) or renewed our business license with DC (due in March). I will be sending out donation acknowledgement letters for 2012 as soon as time permits.
Quorum is 14.
We had a small surplus so I am able to declare a $200 Project Awesome dividend and add $122 to our reserves. Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for January: File:HacDC PA Projects-2013 01.pdf. We don't have a lot of votes for Project Awesome projects so if you want some say in how money is spent at HacDC please email your vote to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Anti-Harassment Policy and Diversity Statement are ready to be voted on next month at the Annual Meeting
- inviting recipients of (defunct?) HacDC Newsletter to subscribe to new announcements list (10 at a time...)
- could coordinate writing of a please-donate spiel that instructors/speakers would be encouraged to read at the beginning of public events and classes
Project Awesome Reports
- White House/FEMA presentation
- 0.3a release soon
- Applied for Informsec grant https://www.informsec.net/techgrants2/
Adjourned at: ____