Regular Member Meeting 2013 02 12
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Director Reports
- 5 Project Awesome Reports
- 6 Member Reports
- 7 Old Business
- 8 New Business
- 9 New Members
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
February 12, 2013
Meeting called to order at ____ by ____
Members Present: Others Present:
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Regular Member Meeting 2013 01 08 Approved.
- Jamie - getting the 3x3 working via marathon phone call to Megapath
Vice President's Report
- Did a great job of showing off for Gates Foundation / Beyond Access visit
- aaronsw Memorial Hackathon went pretty well
- ShmooCon is this weekend
- HacDC LUG - Mailing list is setup already
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for January 2013: File:HacDC Financials 2013 01.pdf. We gained three new membership subscriptions (from Ahmed Aden, Nicholas Jacobsen, and TJ Johnson, and lost Peter Edworthy. We had 55 paying members and 2 non-paying members. Our dues revenue is greater than expenses again, thanks to everyone for paying and thanks again to those that donate extra. With extra donations we had a non-earmarked monthly net of $322.
I rolled over the accounting spreadsheets for 2013 but have not yet filed our 990-N with the IRS (due in April) or renewed our business license with DC (due in March). I will be sending out donation acknowledgement letters for 2012 as soon as time permits.
Quorum is 14.
We had a small surplus so I am able to declare a $200 Project Awesome dividend and add $122 to our reserves. Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for January: File:HacDC PA Projects-2013 01.pdf. We don't have a lot of votes for Project Awesome projects so if you want some say in how money is spent at HacDC please email your vote to email@example.com!
- Anti-Harassment Policy and Diversity Statement are ready to be voted on next month at the Annual Meeting
- inviting recipients of (defunct?) HacDC Newsletter to subscribe to new announcements list (10 at a time...)
- could coordinate writing of a please-donate spiel that instructors/speakers would be encouraged to read at the beginning of public events and classes
Project Awesome Reports
- White House/FEMA presentation
- 0.3a release soon
- Applied for Informsec grant https://www.informsec.net/techgrants2/
Adjourned at: ____