Regular Member Meeting 2013 04 09
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 15:17, 7 April 2013 by Haxwithaxe (talk | contribs) (→Vice President's Report)
Time and Location
April 9, 2013
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
- Draft: Shop Rules
- Call for certification standards for the more dangerous tools
- who can certify?
- what if any experience and/or training is required?
- rules for operation (primarily safety best practices)?
- explicit safe/unsafe locations within or adjacent to the space?
Project Awesome Reports
PLA supplies have dwindled. Plan to buy Ultimachine PLA 1.75mm White 1lb. Moving to 1.75mm filament may significantly improve print quality and speed. Tests with 1.75mm filament printed from 3mm filament have been successful. Alternatively, Ultimachine PLA 3mm White 1Kg on Spool has a proven track record at HacDC. Bonus: we will probably receive more sample colors from Ultimachine.
However, no funds are presently allocated to Project 3DP.
- If not sufficient Project Awesome funds , then approve purchase of more PLA (as discussed by Mirage)
- Last Consider (no vote) Article II of the Proposed Standing Rules for voting on at next month's meeting.