Regular Member Meeting 2013 04 09

From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 17:36, 9 April 2013 by Gatohaus (talk | contribs) (New Members: formatting)

Jump to: navigation, search


Time and Location

April 9, 2013 Called to order at 1930 1948 1958 2008 !! Members present: Ben, Sean, Chris, mirage, Phil, Nadiir, David W, Dan, Martin, Phil, David Mc, Eric, Katie, Andrew

Quorum is met.

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Annual Meeting 2013

Recognition

Director Reports

Annual

President's Report

Vice President's Report

  • Draft: Shop Rules
  • Call for certification standards for the more dangerous tools
    • who can certify?
    • what if any experience and/or training is required?
    • rules for operation (primarily safety best practices)?
    • explicit safe/unsafe locations within or adjacent to the space?
    • examples:


Treasurer's Report

Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for March 2013: File:HacDC Financials 2013 03.pdf. We gained two new members, Graham and Logan. Kevin Johnson began paying but has yet to be voted in. Reuven restored his membership in time to be voted into office. :) We lost two members. We had 56 paying members and 2 nonpaying members. Our dues revenue continues to meet our expenses again, and thanks to those that donate extra we had a regular (non-earmarked) monthly net of $664.

Tim renewed our business license with DC, and I will be filing our 990-N with the IRS.

Quorum remains at 14.


Project Awesome

We had a surplus so I am able to declare a $600 Project Awesome dividend and add $64 to our reserves. Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for March: File:HacDC PA Projects-2013 03.pdf. Thanks to everyone that voted for projects in March, there are now eleven votes total. Note that project contacts must be members, so any project whose contact leaves or transitions from member to friend status must appoint a new contact.


Secretary's Report

Working out Secretary's duties, trying to determine current rules for tracking member list and announcing meetings. Otherwise nothing new to report. Gatohaus 10:40, 8 April 2013 (PDT)


Director-at-Large Reports

Lot of awesome bio-hacking stuff going on. Encouraging Mirage to demo in DC in 4 weeks. Dev kits for Nordic something something coming in.


Project Awesome Reports

Project LASER

Project BYZANTIUM

  • ISC Grant:
    • Meetings (semiweekly hangouts/meatspace)
    • RasPi - ByzPi
    • next Goal - Mac compatibility
    • 3rd Goal - Mesh over Ham radio
    • 4th Goal - 0.4b release with all the fun stuff created in the other goals

Need to start implementing inventory system for new hardware coming in.

Project KITBUILD

Project 3DP

Justin Myers purchased 2lbs of PLA plastic. This will probably last a few months. In the long run, many types of supplies are needed at HacDC.

Three ways of doing funding general supplies: 1) The proposed PA SUPPLIES project (least controversial). 2) Allowing HacDC members to be reimbursed by the HacDC BoD (or other appointed committee) more freely from the general fund. 3) Allocating budget from the general fund at the monthly members meeting for supplies (existing process).

Funding general supplies sooner rather than later is important to move forward at HacDC.


Member Reports

David W on T43's for classes. All should have Ubuntu or Win XP for consistency's sake.


Old Business

none


New Business

Reimburse Justin for PLA

Allocate $52.14 to reimburse Justin for PLA purchase.


Buy FSLaser 5th Gen Laser Cutter

Propose to approve purchase of FSLaser 5th Gen Hobby Laser for $3809. This includes shipping+insurance, and the $150 air compressor and included 40W CO2 laser. All other addons such as a lenses, rotary attachment, and 90W laser can be purchased later at the same price, if we don't build or source them ourselves. Fans and ducting to vent externally also required, to be sourced locally. Link: http://fslaser.com/products/lasers/newhobby

Vote to authorize spending the entire PA Laser money (~$5500 and growing) on FSLaser, warranty, etc. Majority carries vote, approved.

(BoD will have to vote


  • Last Consider (no vote) Article II of the Proposed Standing Rules for voting on at next month's meeting.


New Members

  • Sean
    • Majority approval of membership obtained.


  • Kevin R Johnson - says paid dues, interest in software radio, working on ez668 to integrate sdr into cali..??
    • Majority approval of membership obtained.


  • George Walker
    • Interests include: instrumentation amplifiers, audio hacking, to learn about radio.
    • Majority approval of membership obtained.


  • Ben Goldhabber
    • Interests: NorthPaw, Art, cloud and LED interaction, wants to learn CNC.
    • Majority approval of membership obtained.

kevin@artetechnica.com

  • Anders
    • Interests: hacking DC gov budget!
    • Majority approval of membership obtained.

Adjournment

Adjourned at 2113