Regular Member Meeting 2013 09 10
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- September 10, 2013
- Called to order at ____ by ____.
- Members present:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
ISC Grant is completed. See Project Byzantium report.
Silver Spring Mini Maker Faire is coming up. Please plan to attend and show off what you're working on.
Speaking of Faires, it's Renn Fest season.
What's going on with the Crypto Party? Can we get that on the calendar and start promoting?
Vice President's Report
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for August 2013: File:HacDC Financials 2013 08.pdf. We gained Ann Millspaugh, Evan Phillips, Jarett DeAngelis, Kay Kenworthy, Brendan Levy, as new, paying members. No members left, though one will be on hiatus until January.
Thanks to fewer delinquent members and an unexpected grant from the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia, we had a healthy surplus this month, so I am declaring a $1000 Project Awesome dividend, which leaves us with $1,481.74 to add to our unearmarked reserves. Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for August: File:HacDC PA Projects-2013 08.pdf. There are currently 15 votes.
Project Awesome Reports
- Credit to Dan Barlow, $300 parts obtained for $18, amazing find!
- 600V, 200A, ~1MHz switching speed.
- Stored in blue bucket on parts store shelves. Recommended donation of at least $100, prefer to see them used in equipment available to HacDC members.
PLA Solvent (Tetrahydrofuran)
- Manually polish or glue PLA printed parts with just few drops.
- Small glass bottle, stored inside metal tin on chemical shelf.
- Generally safe as acetone. However, seal tight to minimize oxidization, and wear nitrile gloves.
- Professional quality SMT soldering by the thousand. Recommend laser cutting blue tape for stencils and hot air gun for soldering. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyDRHI4YeMI .
- Stored in fridge, ideally at 10C, for vastly extended shelf life. Not food.
- Toxic, like all solder dust. Minimize contamination, wash hands thoroughly after use.
PCB Milling Bit
- Maximum quality circuit boards, 5 mil diameter.
- Stored in toolbox.
- Tough when spinning, fragile when not.
- Spare hot-end for Prusa Mendel.
- Large plastic buckets.