Regular Member Meeting 2014 02 11
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Director Reports
- 5 Project Awesome Reports
- 6 Member Reports
- 7 Old Business
- 8 New Business
- 9 New Members
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- February 11, 2014
- Called to order at _____ by _______
- Members present:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
I would like to recognize Martin's years of contributions to HacDC from its inception until his regrettable resignation. During the early days, he put in countless hours getting the space organized, including building shelves. This sweat equity continued to grow in countless projects throughout the years. He is a generous teacher and helped me and others on many occasions overcome our technical inadequacies. He spearheaded the organization and creation of HARC, organized presenters, and funded the direct mail initiative to increase its membership. I'm going to miss his energy around the space. Thank you, Martin.
Vice President's Report
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for January 2014: File:HacDC Financials 2014 01.pdf. In the past month we received resignations from At-Large Director Shawn Nock, long-time contributor Martin Rothfield, Ken Chalk, Richard Pournelle, Zach Walls, Jarett DeAngelis, Erica Kane, and Robert King. We have one new member, Abe. Including dues-paying, dues-waived, and behind-on-dues-but-repaying members, we have 57 members.
Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for January: File:HacDC PA Projects-2014 01.pdf. Since we have a negative surplus for the first time since December 2012, I cannot justify declaring a Project Awesome dividend for the month.
- Calendar of non-HacDC events. http://jbwa.net/HacDC.php <ITG Comments>If people like, I'll move it over to the HacDC site. Also other calendars can be added from sites like Meet-up (Maybe NOVA Labs?).</ITG Comments>
- Increasing cross-talk between spaces in the region. Looking for help.
- GE Garages? We were propositioned to "work with them"... deadline for response is Friday, don't know what this really is.
- Don't leave empty food containers in the space.
Project Awesome Reports
Nothing new to report. Kitbuild continues to plan for a way to combine resources with another initiative. Recent talk about running an ongoing basic microcontroller curriculum on Mondays may offer an opportunity to have a kit build before the advent of the HacDC Summer School 2014 session.
Working on lighting for the new shelves in the basement. Have lights, tweaking mounting.. need help finding efficient power supplies: 10 x 12v @ 2 to 4A (prefer 3A but anywhere in that range).. can be any mix of units quantized at ~3A. meaning 1 x 30A supply or 10 x 3A supplies...etc.
Adjourned at _______