Regular Member Meeting 2014 08 12
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- August 12, 2014
- Called to order at _____ by Dan Barlow
- Members present:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
- bins - what is inside (generally, but create an index if you want)
- shelves - what goes there and where on the shelf it goes
- projects - who is in charge of it, when it is expected to be gone by, how to appropriately store it if it hasn't been removed by then
- SHOP RULES! (i am a bad human)
- Bike theft - bypassing locks outside of the space should be reported to church security/staff or the police. use your judgement when considering calling the police.
- the basement has internets
- the basement may have a server in it by the time the meeting starts
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for July 2014: File:HacDC Financials 2014 07.pdf. We gained Ed O'Brien as a new member and regained founder Andrew Righter (Q). We lost William Gibb, Rob Ryan-Silva, and David Pietrocola. We have 43 dues-paying members in good standing, 7 dues-waived members, and 4 members who are behind on dues.
Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for July: File:HacDC PA Projects-2014 07.pdf. We continue to have to dip into savings to pay our rent, so no dividend this month. :(
Project Awesome Reports
No news. Had to take personal time off. Hope to pick up in the Fall.
Bought some screws for our optical table. More importantly, we are now down to a $849.12 balance. As before, this continued loss of funding is undesirable and somewhat unexpected given recent publicity campaigns.
Considering a chop saw, still not sure what to buy.
Beginning work on the optical table, example 3D printed mounting hardware in the basement. Have also repaired one and partially reassembled one of Dan Barlow's projectors, planning to deploy the components on the optical table.
Platform design complete, awaiting construction.
Mirage proposes the following amendment to the Standing Rules:
- Effective immediately, quorum is set to ten members. Henceforth, when quorum is not met two months in a row, the number of members required to meet quorum shall be reduced to the greatest number present in any of those months minus one.
Note that amendments to the standing rules require a 2/3 majority vote of a quorum of members.
Authorize Dan Barlow to spend available Project Laser funds for repairs, replacement parts, and upgrades.
Adjourned at _____ by ______