Regular Member Meeting 2014 09 09
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Director Reports
- 5 Project Awesome Reports
- 6 Member Reports
- 7 Old Business
- 8 New Business
- 9 New Members
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- September 9, 2014
- Called to order at 7:45______ by ______Dan Barlow
- Members present:
Dan B member, Lee member , Mirage member, Rob(guest) Katie member, Gary guest Nell member Jared visiting mike visiting David W guest Pat guest Phil mem enrique member Online Plasma and Agave hax and ITG gatohaus
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met? yes!
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Dan Barlow - Identifying and obtaining better laser tube.
- Julia "juri" Longtin - Bringing much needed funding to HacDC equipment.
Vice President's Report
- CAT6 has been run for several things around the space.
- 3D printer station machine (the cube is directly under the switch so we didn't run one for that)
- Laser and laser station machine
- CNC station machine
- Clear modem (we have a plan for load alancing between the church and clear within the space)
- Ham Desk (includes remote access for the wifi gear on the roof)
- There will be more but we know these things will be on the wired network so we ran cables for them. They are not mounted because we had a miscommunication about the available mounting options. We want for it to be in conduit but we were hoping to do that when the AC electrical is upgraded to coordinate the conduit selection. We didn't have a chance to crimp them all before leaving. Feel free to crimp (type A wire order) and test them tonight. There is a diagram on the crimper and we have ezcrimp terminators. El Presidente can give access to those materials which are on lone from ITechGeek.
- If you want network ports anywhere in particular in the space, email email@example.com and we'll take those requests into account when we run more cables.
- We have one of the switches donated by Ahmed on the second to top shelf of the set over the main workbench in the workroom. Please try to not unplug it for too long or unplug any network cables from it. It is a smart switch and the ports in use are mapped to VLANs some of those VLANs are setup to restrict access to various things (like the mesh and ham radios from the the greater church network). The other switch donated by Ahmed is in the network closet of the church and is the switch distributing internet to the rest of the church.
- There is another gigabit smart switch we wanted to put in the basement for servers down there. It is currently MIA and help finding it would be appreciated. It is a dark blue, half depth rackmount, Trednet or Netgear. If you know where it went or where in the basement it got too please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for August 2014: File:HacDC Financials 2014 08.pdf. We gained Celeste, Enrique, and Phillip as new members. We lost Ruben Duque, Elizabeth Smith, Dan Koestler, and Bjorn Westergard. We have 44 dues-paying members in good standing, 7 dues-waived members, and 2 members who are behind on dues.
Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for August: File:HacDC PA Projects-2014 08.pdf. We continue to have to dip into savings to pay our rent, so no dividend this month. :(
I purchased a house this past Wednesday, so I'm busy and not at HacDC tonight.
I updated the members@ list with the latest regarding the HackDC situation. I will continue to pursue this issue as discussed with the rest of BoD.
The OpenPGP Card group order has arrived. I will bring the cards/readers to the Cryptoparty for people to collect their share. If you need it sooner, you'll need to schedule with me.
I have new signs for the bathrooms, but since I haven't been to the space in over two weeks I haven't had a chance to put them up. Next time I'm there I'll get them installed.
I also made ten copies of the space key, because we ran out last month, but as I haven't been to the space they're not in the BoD locker yet.
While I'm buying stuff for my house, I'll also pick up a replacement door handle for the pirate bathroom.
If there's anything else, you can call me up, but my phone currently gets no service in my new basement so don't be offended if I don't pick up, it probably means my phone didn't ring.
Project Awesome Reports
We basically blew off yet another sprint last month because I was busy with the Crab-B-Q. (By the way, you can totally cook crabs in a smoker.)
We are slacking and we really need to pull it together soon. I'm just having trouble making time for things.
Project KITBUILD's shepherd has been out of commission all Summer but hopes to be able to get something together in late October or November.
Have a ~$50 receipt for various screws purchased from Fastenal, mostly for the optical table.
For lack of incoming funding, the project coordinator (mirage335) feels that any purchase made from these funds must be well planned.
Finally designed the OpticalTableRobot. Similar to the FlexReplicator, supports multiple tools simultaneously. However, this platform is far more rigid (absolute accuracy expected to be <2um across the ~8'x4' work area). Surprisingly, it is also cheaper than a FlexReplicator, thanks to the free table and extrusions.
Julia Longtin has successfully sought investors, and plans to use the robot to manufacture large car parts.
Adjourned at _______ by _________