Regular Member Meeting 2014 10 14
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Director Reports
- 5 Project Awesome Reports
- 6 Member Reports
- 7 Old Business
- 8 New Business
- 9 New Members
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- October 14, 2014
- Called to order at ______ by ______
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- ag4ve - Cryptoparty organization.
- Dan Barlow - More progress on the SEM. Continued laser cutter work. Cleanup. Awesome guy!
- Hunter - More progress on the SEM. Successfully assisting remote diagnosis and reconnection of the Occupancy Sensor.
- Julia Longtin - Funding and beginning construction of our Optical Table Robot. Supported the cryptoparty. Also obtained much-needed upgrade components for the RostockMax.
- Justin Myers - Taking on SEM filament purchase.
- Katie - Getting HacDC on eBay. Continuing timely and orderly HacDC financial reports.
- Lee - Getting HacDC on eBay.
- Cleanup Participants - Anyone who helped cleanup the space.
Vice President's Report
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for September 2014: File:HacDC Financials 2014 09.pdf. We didn't gain any new members. We lost Andrew Harris and Mike Chelen. We have 41 dues-paying members in good standing, 7 dues-waived members, and 2 members who are behind on dues.
Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for September: File:HacDC PA Projects-2014 09.pdf. We continue to have to dip into savings to pay our rent, so no dividend this month. :(
Project Awesome Reports
No expenditures this month. SEM filament has been ordered, and may be reimbursed soon.
Would be nice if we had more funding.
Making progress with other HacDC members to cleanup, build new equipment, develop business opportunities. Still, our financial situation is a bit limiting, and we can do more.
Have heard about various successes contacting the Fire Station wireless accesspoint. Let's make it a top priority to deploy something like Ubiquity 24GHz backhaul units at both ends ASAP. Their 900mHz basestation and highly directional antennas may also be able to cut through the clutter at 150MBits. We could really use extra credit from our host.
HacDC's servers are still not available for regular use by members. Even without an excellent internet connection, this might attract more interest. We should label some machines, claim them, and compete to make them operational quickly.
Much of our equipment is functional, but not accessible. This includes printers, the plotter, scanners, and more. Clearing shelves and floor space will create opportunities to deploy these tools, giving members more opportunities to accomplish projects.
Adjourned at _______ by _________