Regular Member Meeting 2014 12 09
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- December 9, 2014
- Called to order at ______ by _______
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Anonymous $100 donor
- Dan Barlow - Nose to the grindstone, CNC milling ground drone parts.
- Don Jones - Grant research, equipment setup, and maintaining friendly relations with the Church.
- Lee Ciereszko - License plate proceeds and other donations to HAMRADIO.
Vice President's Report
- I should have some green tomato jam for people to try tonight
- The blue tubing is for running fiber to the basement via the network closet. appologies for leaving it hanging around.
- No further info about the comcast upgrade yet. They have to dig a trench to the church from a few doors down so it should be apparent when that happens.
- Just some reminders:
- The internet upgrade (71/15 + 3/3) is for the whole church (10+ other tennants) not just us. We need to keep our outbound traffic to a normal (for us) level once it's in. We need to at least get a baseline of "normal" useage before we get to pounding out the packets to the internet. So hosting websites and other services to the outside world won't happen until we're confident of how much bandwidth "normal" useage entials. I don't expect that we will need to be super stingy on the upload bandwidth but we need to know that "normal" isn't being squished by us running remote desktop protocols and webservers and proxies. Meaning quality of service for the other tennants isn't being unduely restricted by our using a disproportionate amount of upload bandwidth from the start.
- The front table isn't a good place to leave random things it's supposed to be there to display our propaganda.
Here is the financial summary spreadsheet for November 2014: File:HacDC Financials 2014 11.pdf. We gained Christine Axsmith as a new member. We have 42 dues-paying members in good standing and 6 dues-waived members.
I'll put together materials for HacDC to apply to be part of the 2015 Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area, which will provide an easy way for federal workers to donate to us.
Here is the Project Awesome spreadsheet for November: File:HacDC PA Projects-2014 11.pdf. We continue to have to dip into savings to pay our rent, so no dividend this month. :( In accordance with Project Awesome Rules, Project SPACECAM was canceled and its $50 balance returned to our unallocated reserves.
Project Awesome Reports
- work has begun on a new type of system
- inorder to meet the needs of the many developers who have wanted to use subsets of byzantium we are making a modular set of packages and then slapping them in a liveCD as an deployment method.
- we are also limiting the scope of features to groundstation (and associated systems) and automated mesh configuration.
Still conservative. SEM filament expense reimbursed.
- Shimmer. New Shell/VPS server online, along with Gentoo/Funtoo build service. Please request an account.
- Taken over RFID project. Planning to use NetPLC as the inter-connected high-reliability brains. Will not affect regular key entry.
- Still eagerly looking into more revenue sources.
- PRESENTING AT CCC :D
- Presenting 3D Printed Aluminum Casting (self signed) at 31C3
Adjourned at _______ by ________